Caribbean Music on Caribbean Cruises

crusinpeg

Just recently off the Ruby and although the pool band East Coast Connection was a great band I missed the fact that they played no caribbean music. They played Margaritaville once and said "Ok that's out of the way "and proceeded to play their sets which were good but I still missed that caribbean vibe. Do the other caribbean destination ships still play a little reggae and caribbean/steel drum music or is that gone? I don't know about anyone else but there's nothing like sailing the caribbean and listening to steel drums/Bob Marley type music.

Just recently off the Ruby and although the pool band East Coast Connection was a great band I missed the fact that they played no caribbean music. They played Margaritaville once and said "Ok that's out of the way "and proceeded to play their sets which were good but I still missed that caribbean vibe. Do the other caribbean destination ships still play a little reggae and caribbean/steel drum music or is that gone? I don't know about anyone else but there's nothing like sailing the caribbean and listening to steel drums/Bob Marley type music.

When I went on my first cruise back in 71, the Sun Princess arrived at each Caribbean port to a steel drum band on each pier. Then the band boarded the ship and performed during the afternoon by the pool.

AH!!!! The good old days!

When I went on my first cruise back in 71, the Sun Princess arrived at each Caribbean port to a steel drum band on each pier. Then the band boarded the ship and performed during the afternoon by the pool.

AH!!!! The good old days!

Wow..that's really cool...I guess the musicians union put a stop to that!!

My son's a musical director (at the moment) on one of Princess's Caribbean ships. He says that at the end of the cruise, there's a survey for people to fill in. PLEASE fill in the suggestion. Princess does listen to what the passengers ask for.

Archived