Lisbon - Bird Watching

Apparently there is a large bird sanctuary on the Tagus River, not far from Lisbon.

Holland America offers a shore excursion to this area, but Princess does not. So I have spent hours on the internet trying to find a company that takes you there by boat. So far, no luck!

I know this is a shot in the dark, and I'll be very surprised if I get any replies, but has anyone ever attempted to visit this bird sanctuary?

Thanks!

Apparently there is a large bird sanctuary on the Tagus River, not far from Lisbon.

Holland America offers a shore excursion to this area, but Princess does not. So I have spent hours on the internet trying to find a company that takes you there by boat. So far, no luck!

I know this is a shot in the dark, and I'll be very surprised if I get any replies, but has anyone ever attempted to visit this bird sanctuary?

Thanks!

No experience, but a suggestion. Considering contacting the local chapter of BirdLife International, they may be able to recommend a tour or a tour leader who could arrange this for you.

The organisation is SPEA: Portuguese Society for the Study of Birds

http://www.spea.pt/en/

http://www.birdlife.org/worldwide/national/portugal/index.html

Hope you can get something arranged,

Mands

Archived