review - Carnival Liberty 4/5/11 wedding

kite5280

We just got back from our amazing cruise. We sailed on Carnival Liberty leaving April 2nd with 33 guests. Our wedding was on St. Thomas April 5th. We used Royal Ocean Events to coordinate the wedding on Lime Tree Beach. They were fantastic, especially Catherine, and made sure everything was perfect.

I made a hair appt in the salon for our wedding day and the photographer (Melbin) from Carnival came to my room and where my groom was getting ready for pictures. I loved my hair, they did a great job. Our Carnival coordinator Elena was waiting for us in the lobby, got us to our transporation which lead us to the court house and the rest of the guests to Lime Tree Beach Resort. They were all waiting for us when we arrived, it had rained but stopped. Flowers were abolutely gorgeous and so was the location. The wedding ceremony was great, the champagne toast and cake was great. We loved the photographer on the island Kelly. It was better than I could have imagined. We definitely want to go back to St. Thomas and Lime Tree Beach Resort, it was the most beautiful place I'd ever been. They got us back into our vans and to the ship for our reception on board.

It started to rain again and stopped quickly but we did have to wait to get back on board in the rain for a short time. The parasols I had got worked wonders. The reception was in the club on the ship, the food was amazing! The coordinator and photographer stayed for the 2 hour reception also. The cocktail servers and the cake, champagne toast was were great. Only one issue we had, the DJ mispronouced our name, and didn't play the correct song for the first dance. She couldn't figure out how to work the equipment and there was lapse in between songs, then she played the first dance song, by then I was annoyed and said forget it and we didn't do our first dance. That was very disappointing, we spent alot of money on the reception and for a DJ and got horrible DJ service. She did play ok music but had a hard time working the equipment and songs didn't play continuously. I did put in a complaint to Carnival before we left the ship. We started the reception late because of the rain and line getting back on board but the DJ cut the reception at the dot of 5pm and ran out the door, I wanted to speak to her but she ran.

We did take some more photos after the reception up on a top deck. Then we went to dinner in our wedding attire. The servers sang to us and brought our cake back out for anyone to eat in our party.

Overall it was great and we loved it. Wonderful memories we'll never forget and we plan to cruise again soon on Carnival and for sure to St. Thomas and Grand Turk again.

You know I never even thought of the name thing. And on top of that EVERYONE mispronounces my name... I'm writing that into my outline immediately. I hope the DJ isn't a total putz. I've put the songs I want played in order and wrote an outline for the DJ so they have less a chance of messing up.

Did you talk to Carnival about it?

Can't wait to see photos and I'm glad everything else seemed to go well.

Congrats!

You know I never even thought of the name thing. And on top of that EVERYONE mispronounces my name... I'm writing that into my outline immediately. I hope the DJ isn't a total putz. I've put the songs I want played in order and wrote an outline for the DJ so they have less a chance of messing up.

Congrats!

The name made fun jokes for the rest of the cruise :rolleyes:

I did fill out their comment card and writing an email. I didn't talk to anyone at guest services, when I went there it was a huge line. I wanted to enjoy the rest of our cruise.

Giving the DJ the song list and instructions on saying your name would be a great idea!

Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time!!

So sorry the DJ messed things up for your reception. I would complain too!

And THANK YOU for mentioning the name pronounciation problem!! I hadn't thought of that!

My name is spelled ANDREA but pronounced ON-drea, and after reading your review I will email my officiant and let her know how to say my name. Mostly, it doesn't bother me to be called ANN-drea, but at my wedding I think it's important to get it right!

Thanks for the review, I'm glad you had a good time (other than the DJ)

Congrats! I got married aboard the Liberty on 3/26 in the port of Miami. Sorry for the DJ mishap. I actully went over the name pronounciation with the coordinators so fortunately everything was fine! We played the "Game of Love" game too which was soooo much fun!

THANK YOU for doing an island review! I'm getting married in St. Thomas in less than 3 weeks!! That sucks that you had issues with the DJ. Have you spoken to Carnival's wedding dept? I would definitely let someone there know so maybe they can comp you for the inconvenience, and also the time delay that was beyond your control. You said the coordinator stayed during the reception so you should have someone to back up your story...good luck!

Here are some photos; St. Thomas, Lime Tree Beach as amazing. These are some of my favorite photos. The last photo is us on top deck on ship and my daughter running the track.

16p123.jpg

16p062.jpg

16p077.jpg

16p107.jpg

2p417.jpg

Your photo's are great! I am getting married at Lime Tree Beach in almost a month (May 17th) and sailing on the Liberty. Do you have any suggestions about the location/ship - things you wish you knew in advance? We have 54 people sailing with us. We are going through a private event planner on the Isalnd and then having a reception on the ship through carnival. Our recpetion will be in Statge Lounge and then we are extending it with a 4 piece band for 2 more hours.

How far away (distance and time) did it take you to get from the cruise ship to the ceremony site? What was it like at Lime tree beach? Was it really windy, Buggie? I am making up welcome packets and I am thinking I should advise people to make sure they remember to wear sunscreen to the ceremony, but wasnt sure if they may need bug spray? Are there facilities there you can use (bathroom, bar?)

Thank you for the review and any feedback will be greatly appreciated - your pictures have gotten me even more excited!

Thank you so much for your review!!! Your pictures were beautiful! As were you!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the one of you and ur hubby on the track with your daughter! I think it's adorable! I have 2 kids (7 and 2 when we sail) and it's very important for me to get pictures as a family as well as just the 2 of us. When we talk about the wedding at home, it's not mine and Josh's... we call it all of our wedding, bc it's the kids as much as it's ours.....

My only question... you used to salon. Did you like it? I heard they try to upsell you a lot on things there...was that true for you?

About how much did they charge? My hair is about the same length as yours, i want just an updo tho...trying to figure out an estimate on how much it'll cost....

Thanks! And congratulations on a beautiful wedding!!!

Congrats!

My maid of honor as a unique name so on my paperwork for the DJ I tried to spell it out phonetically -- Her name is Sarbani so I wrote next to it (Sar-bon-e) I am HOPING that will help.

Archived