P&O Ventura N114 27th May 2011

petlambDurham_UK

Central Mediterranean.

Would appreciate any hints/tips when visiting Venice - Cefalonia - Dubrovnik - Korcula - Vigo re getting from ship to places of interest without taking P&O's paid transport/excursions. We are good walkers! Also what not to miss in these locations. Any suggested walking tours perhaps.

Also are there any ship's excursions we possibly should not miss.

I am busy researching these places via the internet and this site

Thanks!

Central Mediterranean.

Would appreciate any hints/tips when visiting Venice - Cefalonia - Dubrovnik - Korcula - Vigo re getting from ship to places of interest without taking P&O's paid transport/excursions. We are good walkers! Also what not to miss in these locations. Any suggested walking tours perhaps.

Also are there any ship's excursions we possibly should not miss.

I am busy researching these places via the internet and this site

Thanks!

Venice: well, there are a million guidebooks, all of which I'm reading. I htink we intend to do a lot of walking around; visit Murano; maybe one or more of the outer islands in the lagoon; and then there's the excursion to St Marks after nightfall - that would be a different experience and, I gather, one not available other than via the excursion.

Cephalonia: I gather that Argostoli is not the greatest place in the world. We might got to the beach here - take a public bus or taxi to a beach nearby (Lassi?). There's also Fiskardo, but it's a long way away and the excursion is expensive. Maybe we'll hire a car.

Dubrovnik: like millions of other visitors, we're gonna walk the walls.

Korcula: don't know. There's an interesting-looking excursion involving a boat trip around the island/peninsula.

Vigo: again, don't know. When we were there in autumn 2008 I was very impressed by the look of the coast as we sailed away, so we may look to see if there are excursions (or other ways of access) along the coastline. The big excursion here is to Santiago de Compostela, of course.

We have been looking at this cruise. I am hoping to book it in the near future. I see there is not a Roll Call.

Why don`t you start one and hopefully we will join it?

Venice is great in the evening when the crowds go home. We walk.

Dubrovnik is a great walking place too.

I have not been to Korcula or Cephalonia so that will be interesting.

Archived