Disney Wonder

karpela

I've just dropped my beautiful daughter at the airport where she begins her adventure to LA to join the Wonder on Sunday as a Youth Counselor.

This is her first time away from home and she is so excited and I know your kids will love her as she is beautiful inside and out.

Please say hi to Lois form London UK if you meet her and give her a big hug from her mum! :):)

We just got off the Wonder on Sunday and my kids were absolutely in love with their counselors! They all were so much fun, and seemed to genuinely enjoy what they were doing. I hope your daughter has a wonderful time, and that it won't be too hard on you! My daughter just got back last month after working for 8 months in Japan for Disney, so I can understand the difficulty a parent has in sending their daughter to places so far away.

I will look out for Lois! I will be sailing on Sunday with three boys (11, 8 and almost 3). I bet we will run into her. I am English too!

She'll be training from sunday for a week, earning her ears, so not sure how that works with her being with the kids. But I'm sure you will get to meet her somewhere!!

Have a great cruise - I'm very jealous :):)

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off the Wonder this morning... Saw your beautiful daughter the night before last. I said "hey, you're Lois...are you new?" - she said yes...and she had a little red tag that said she was new..... I said "your mom posted on Cruise Critic..." and she cut me off and said a little girl had told her the same thing - LOL. So I told her that I was to give her a hug from her mom...and hugged her...and she was so touched and said to send you her love....:D....really sweet girl.

Just got off the Wonder this morning... Saw your beautiful daughter the night before last. I said "hey, you're Lois...are you new?" - she said yes...and she had a little red tag that said she was new..... I said "your mom posted on Cruise Critic..." and she cut me off and said a little girl had told her the same thing - LOL. So I told her that I was to give her a hug from her mom...and hugged her...and she was so touched and said to send you her love....:D....really sweet girl.

Thank you for your post. It made me cry lol! :)

I know she's working hard and having fun - we get the occasional message on facebook or by text but with the time difference (we are 8 hours ahead) it's difficult to keep in touch.

Thank you again and I hope you enjoyed your vacation.

Adele :):)

Which youth program is she working with? We leave on the maiden voyage to Alaska on Tuesday.... can't wait! We have an 11 and 13 year old.

Hi

Not absolutely sure but I think she's working with the younger age group 3 to 10.

Say 'hi' though if you do see her and have a fabulous cruise. :):)

• 3 weeks later...
Our daughter absolutely loved Lois! Send me a message with your email and I will send you a picture of them together.

Hi!

Thanks so much. My email is

the 4 karpels at aol dot com

I'm looking forward to hearing from you

Adele:)

Archived