Are we on the right track for Saint John/Halifax?

We will be traveling in August with a group of 12 (6 adults and 6 kids, ages 13, 10, 8, 7, 5 and 4) Here are our tentative plans:

1. Saint John- St. Martin's and Reversing Falls. We can't do ziplining or jet boat because of the young kids. We think St. Andrew's might be too much.

2. Halifax- just Maritime Museum, maybe immigration museum and walking around town. Is Peggy's Cove worth it if we've been to Maine and Cape Cod and seen lots of lighthouses and fishing villages? We're not doing whale watching because of seasickness and we figure we can always do it in Cape Cod sometime.

For Saint John, are there any tour companies who can take 12 people? I'm only seeing the 6 person van on the Freedom Tours website.

If we stick with the above plans for Halifax, do we even need a van?

There is certainly plenty to do along the Halifax waterfront with absolutely no need for a van. You will find the kiosk for the Harbour Hopper tour and you may want to consider that. You are on a Vietnam era amphibious vehicle and you get a brief tour of Halifax on land and in the harbour. It is a lot of fun.

We will be traveling in August with a group of 12 (6 adults and 6 kids, ages 13, 10, 8, 7, 5 and 4) Here are our tentative plans:

1. Saint John- St. Martin's and Reversing Falls. We can't do ziplining or jet boat because of the young kids. We think St. Andrew's might be too much.

2. Halifax- just Maritime Museum, maybe immigration museum and walking around town. Is Peggy's Cove worth it if we've been to Maine and Cape Cod and seen lots of lighthouses and fishing villages? We're not doing whale watching because of seasickness and we figure we can always do it in Cape Cod sometime.

For Saint John, are there any tour companies who can take 12 people? I'm only seeing the 6 person van on the Freedom Tours website.

I wouldn't bother going to Reversing Falls in Saint John unless you are doing jet boat or zip lining. It's not a must see. I would take the kids to "Freak Lunchbox" candy store on King Street - I'm sure it will be a hit with them. Contact Freedom Tours re: van - they may have one and if not will probably point you in the right direction. St. Andrew's and St. Martins cannot be done in the same day.

IMHO, Peggy's cove would not be worth it for you. Stick around the waterfront and you'll find plenty to do. The Harbour Hopper is pretty cool and the younger kids might like Theodore Tugboat, he docks not far from the Maritime Museum.

Archived