Noise & vibration question

lstewart123

We are looking at booking our first ever cruise on the Quest in September or October (7 day Mediterranean). In reading through some of the site's forums, I have noticed comments here & there about vibration and noise issues (from the ship as well as from neighboring cabins). I am already a bit of a neurotic sleeper (at least I'm being honest!), so this concerns me a little bit. Should I be worried that a cruise is not for me, or is this a minor issue that only occurs occasionally?

Hubby and I are late risers and I have been trying to find out which is the quietest parts of the ship. We have to be in the back half of the ship as I am not the greatest sailor :cool:

I doubt that vibration would worry us but early morning setting up of the Gangplank probably would be a worry

So far I have found out the following

Gangplank

533 and 536 are next to it

633 and 636 are the next ones up

433 and 434 are the next ones down

635 and 637 ?? are above it

637 , 638 , 639 , 640 , 641 and 642 could have problems with noisy passengers on the Gangplank

Joy

We are looking at booking our first ever cruise on the Quest in September or October (7 day Mediterranean). In reading through some of the site's forums, I have noticed comments here & there about vibration and noise issues (from the ship as well as from neighboring cabins). I am already a bit of a neurotic sleeper (at least I'm being honest!), so this concerns me a little bit. Should I be worried that a cruise is not for me, or is this a minor issue that only occurs occasionally?

I am currently finishing a cruise on te Sojourn and I can happily tell you that the vibration problems I experienced on the Odyssey are simply non existent.

I put this down to the ship builder finding the probelm in design and resloving it on the Sojourn. The Quest is on track for construction and I have no doubt that will even be better as it is the third ship of this design to be released.

Do not worry, simply enjoy the ship and its wonderful crew.

Regards

Alfa

Archived