Independence of the Seas with a 10 month old

VonskiBee

Hi Everyone

I'm new to this forum and have found it extremely helpful but still have a few questions....apologies if they have been asked before. I'm about to embark on my second cruise...this time with a 10 month old baby in tow :), can't wait for this new adventure.

However have a couple of queries which I hope you can help with. How will I go about sterilising the little one's bottles? Is there a microwave available? Is there a nursery available on Independence? Are there babysitting facilities available in the evening for a child under 1? If you have any other hints and tips I would really appreciate your help.

I'm taken your advice already and I'm going to go into this holiday knowing that it won't be the same as before and just enjoy it for what it is....a new memory for our new family.

Thanks everyone

Vonnie:)

Hello,

We just sailed on the Navigator with our 10 month old so I hope I can help you out a bit!

How will I go about sterilising the little one's bottles? Is there a microwave available?

We didn't sterilize, we don't at home either. I just washed them in the sink with dish soap.

Is there a nursery available on Independence?

I'm not positive but I don't think so. I think only on Oasis and Allure.

Are there babysitting facilities available in the evening for a child under 1?

Again, not positive, but I think no. I believe in room babysitting starts at 1. There wasn't anything for us on the Navigator.

Here's some great tips I picked up from other cc members:

-bring an inflatable tub for "swimming" in and for bath time in the shower

-bring a shoe organizer to hang over the back of the bathroom door to keep odds and ends handy but organized

-bring disposable bibs and place mats for easy clean up after meals

Here's my diary from our trip.

HTH! Enjoy your trip!

Thank you so much B_MC, your diary is just fantastic and has helped so much.....I'm so excited about our cruise now and not as nervous. I love the tips too, especially the inflatable bath, what a brilliant idea!!!

Thanks again

V :)

Once a baby starts moving about on their own, sterilising is a moot point...the baby is getting tons of "germs" by crawling and toddling! No need to worry about sterilising bottles!

Just bring a small thing of dish soap and wash them!

There are no microwaves for passenger use. Get baby used to room temperature formula, or milk!

We have sailed with our kids since they were infants. We took our youngest of 3 on a mediterranean cruise when she was 6 months old. You will have a great time!

Either the mdr or the windjammer will happily sterilize your bottles for you. They will also puree fruits or vegetables for you in the mdr. The staff loves seeing the little ones. While your trip will be different than before children, so is your life, so no worries!

Enjoy!

Archived