I hope this isn't the start of a new trend for the chair hogs !

earnied

We just got off the Grand Princess on Monday and will have to commend the deck attendants and their supervisor especially on sea days when chairs were in demand. Cards were put on the chairs near the pools reminding folks about the 30 minute rule. Saw belongings removed and then retrieved. Personally did not witness any real problems or altercations from the parties involved. Maybe a resolution is in sight for the chair hog situation.

OMG Just what we need on the ship personalized chair bands!! We have friends who just come back from a Celebrity cruise with many sea days. They said that the deck crew went around and put cards on chairs that were vacant for more than 1 hour..if people did not return in a timely fashion they took their belongs off the chair and put them in a bag at the hold area on deck. Maybe Princess should institute such a program? Chair hogs are the epitome of selfish behavior whether on deck or in the Princess theatre!

We just got off the Grand Princess on Monday and will have to commend the deck attendants and their supervisor especially on sea days when chairs were in demand. Cards were put on the chairs near the pools reminding folks about the 30 minute rule. Saw belongings removed and then retrieved. Personally did not witness any real problems or altercations from the parties involved. Maybe a resolution is in sight for the chair hog situation.

Hurrah! Maybe if this becomes standard practice onboard, chair hogs would finally get the message. I hope these Celebrity and Princess ships got mentioned positively on comment cards/emails.

Since they appear to be stretchable, they could easily be "shot" overboard :D

Hmm, I wonder if they would fit around a commode.:D

What a GREAT idea! Do those bands come in different sizes? I could put them in the Princess Theater, in the MDR, Horizon Buffet . . . .why not get one super XXXXXL one and put it around the whole ship! Problem solved! :D

This photo was taken on a recent Mexican Riviera cruise on Sapphire Princess.

Hopefully Princess won't start selling these name tags for chairs in their onboard shops :eek:

earnied

The cruiselines could quite easily resolve this God forsaken problem once and for all.

Go back...way back in time to the early days of "crossing the pond", when deck chairs were permanent fixtures on the various decks, and passengers requested one or two deck chairs adjacent to each other on a specific part of the ship. Passengers were provided with name tags on the chairs by deck stewards or were given cards corresponding to the deckchair number. Usage was for daytime use only.

...or I guess this is too difficult as they wouldn't be able to stack all the chairs away at night. Don't understand the rationale as on Empress of England and SS Oriana, teak chaises were stacked away neatly on all decks (including the promenade deck) just prior to dinner.

Ciao for now!!!

I frequently move peoples things 20-30 feet away, out of the wind. When they come back I do either 1 of 2 options, either I look dumbfounded and say "well, there was nothing here when i got here, so how do i know you aren't just saying that it was your chair"

Or

I polish up on my high school foreign language, and give em a few lines followed with "No english"

Staring blankly has worked once also.

People are really quite complacent when it comes to cruising thinking that their goods and things are safe left alone. Leaving out any electronics or even some books is unwise. Just because a thief cant go far doesn't mean they will be found on a ship of 1500-4000. Foolish.

While I would never steal peoples personal belongings that are left abandoned, if they had a nice clean towl out and I left mine in my room, thats open game :cool:

Archived