Boatyard and Sea Turtles

TxStacey

I will be on the Serenade of the Seas in June with a group of 9....4 adults and 4 college students and 1 10 year old. After researchng, it looks like the college students and 10 year old would like Boatyard because of all of the activites. We would like to see the sea turtles also..is there a vendor near there or on that property that will take you to the turtles? A glassbottom boat would be ok too.

Delurking (I surf the boards a lot and get sooo much valuable information) to let you know that my family of 4 was just on the 4/3 Adventure of the Seas sailing and I too wanted to snorkel with the turles but struggled with the decision on what the right thing to book was (ship tour or some other catamaran tour). We ended up taking a taxi ($3 per person) to the Boatyard for the day where we had an amazing time!! $12 per person covered admission for the day with a chair for each, umbrella and a free drink. "Mr Turtleman" approached us on the beach and for $20 each we went on a small boat with another family of 4 that took us to the sunken shipwreck and then snorkeled with the turtles. No one in my family had ever snorkeled before and my 12 yr old son had some difficulty and wanted to get back on the boat (later discovered that he didn't have enough air in his vest). "Julian" (the boat driver) was excellent. He immediately swam to over to my son and helped him along and got my son comfortable so that he was able to continue snorkeling. Julian fed the turtles and we had an amazing time! Back to the Boatyard and free transporation back to the ship. In my opinion, we had the best of both worlds! We got enjoy the day at the Boatyard and basically did the same thing as any excursion did for less and on a more personal level! Look for "Mr Turtleman" at the Boatyard!

Archived