I give up on trying to please everyone!

Wedding planning can be very stressful if we let it become that way. I agree with Kelly and the others that emphasize the marriage not the wedding day. I know plenty of people who had beautiful wedding days where everything went smoothly and very bumpy marriages that ended in divorce. (Not to say you can't have a beautiful day and a wonderful marriage because that is what we all hope and pray for.)

Overall I have found that planning my wedding has been most stressful when I have to deal with people I care about trying to add in their 2 cents......lol BUT..... from the day I became engaged and we started planning our wedding I decided that I was not going to allow the desires, opinions, and attitudes of others to influence how we decided to celebrate our love. Especially since we are paying for everything ourselves. I don't know your financial situation but I am one of those people that feel that it gives me more ammunition to do as I please when I am paying for it. I understand people are paying to come on the cruise but no one held them at gun point. Lol So...... If it is too much of an inconvenience or they don't like how things are planned they don't have to come.

Good luck with everything and God Bless you and your fiancé.:)

Thank you ToBeWed for your kind words of encouragement. God Bless you and your fiance' also.

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you ToBeWed for your kind words of encouragement. God Bless you and your fiance' also.

I was thinking of you/this thread today.

You are a married woman now, dont know if you are back from your honeymoon yet. Please tell us how your day was?

One curious mind wants to know :D

I was thinking of you/this thread today.

You are a married woman now, dont know if you are back from your honeymoon yet. Please tell us how your day was?

One curious mind wants to know :D

Yes I am.:D I posted the review earlier this week. My RCCL review May 4, 2011, check it out and feel free to ask questions.

BTW on my review I didn't post all the drama that happened, I'm glad that it's all over with now.LOL

Yes I am.:D I posted the review earlier this week. My RCCL review May 4, 2011, check it out and feel free to ask questions.

BTW on my review I didn't post all the drama that happened, I'm glad that it's all over with now.LOL

Glad you had a great day :D

I cant find your review, this board is very unfriendly to navigate. :cool:

Do not change a thing for anyone but you and the groom. I am sure you told everyone envoled, especially the bridesmaids, when the ceremony would be. If they are more concerned about getting off the boat to do what ever in Nassau then being at your wedding they shouldn't even have agreed to come in the first place. It is your wedding not their vacation, during your wedding hours. What they do before (as long as it doesnt make things late) or after is their time (and only if they paid for their own ticket.)If you or your family paid ofr all or most of their ticket, as far as I am concerned their time is 100% your time.

Archived