A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

viewofcastlefromsplash.jpg

We got a bit of a splash and I ducked to cover the camera…and guess what, that wet seat got wetter. All of the splash ended on my backside…rear to be exact…which Claire thought was really funny.

splashedclaire.jpg

i love your mickey tie dye shirts. i wanted to do some just like that before i saw these pics...i tried four shirts this weekend and could not get it to come out right. i love yours though and that was the exact look i was trying to get.

Mom woke up around 7:15 and took her shower. After she got ready, it was Dad’s turn. Not long after, Little Miss Claire woke up. She had a gift waiting for her from Donald.

Dreamchairsmmdnote.jpg

agift.jpg

heartbag.jpg

She received a new Tinkerbelle bathing suite.

tinksuit.jpg

We got Claire dressed and ready for the big day.

The forecast was for rain. It didn’t look to bad outside at this point and time.

lookingforrain.jpg

The weathermen couldn’t seem to decide if it was going to be storms sweeping through quickly, all day rain, or all day storms. I swear they would change their minds every few minutes.

how did you make those shirts? i have been trying but mine never come out. we leave for our cruise in 2 weeks.

i love your mickey tie dye shirts. i wanted to do some just like that before i saw these pics...i tried four shirts this weekend and could not get it to come out right. i love yours though and that was the exact look i was trying to get.

how did you make those shirts? i have been trying but mine never come out. we leave for our cruise in 2 weeks.

I did not make them. I'm nto talented like that. I bought them from a girl who is on the Dis. She sells them on etsy, but I just bought driectly from her via email.

Her etsy shop is here.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/pixiecrafts

behivebear.jpg

behivefox.jpg

splashybarrels.jpg

brerfoxhasrabbit.jpg

Now it’s been awhile since I have rode this ride…and I have only ridden it about 5 or 6 times in my life…so I can’t remember it all…but I was so wrong here. We got to the part where they tell us to go back, and the guy behind us is telling his kid “here it comes!” And I kept saying to Claire, “ I don’t think this is it. I think we have further to go”. I couldn’t have been more wrong. But luckily I did tuck my camera away before the big splash!

goingupsplash.jpg

tiedupbrerrabbit.jpg

Of course I soon realized this WAS it and I ducked way down and covered all my goods too…. Which of course exposed my backside! I got a little wet again back there. But Claire took all the Splash she could and LOVED it.

wetsplashyclaire.jpg

singinggators.jpg

singingboatbirds.jpg

chickadee.jpg

itsthetruth.jpg

everythingis.jpg

We exited and stopped to look at our picture. I tried to take the redneck version ,but a strong shadow was on each and everyone I took. Here’s about the best of them….and you can see, I am totally ducked down.

rednecksplash.jpg

brefoxbearandrabbit.jpg

We headed off to Pirates. Claire was a little leery about it. She has ridden it every trip, but the last 3 she acts like it might be scary. The line was kind of long. We usually go when it’s practically walk on. I think we waited about 20 minutes.

We saw Pirate Goofy at the entrance and I asked Claire if she wanted to see him first, but she said no.

We got in line and guess what….MORE line huggers. This group was a Mom and several preteen girls. The one girl was really close. So much so, that her hair was CONSTANTLY touching me. ICK! She would turn to talk to her family, and it would brush against my shoulders. I tried my best to avoid it, but she would just get closer then.

piratebuckets.jpg

piratescanon.jpg

piratetreasure.jpg

The girls behind us were talking non stop. I kind of listened a bit here and there…it was hard not to when they were so close. Then the one girl….the one whose hair had become my new best friend, mentioned that she thought it was horrible how all these 5 year old looking kids were in strollers. Now for those who know me, you know that I couldn’t let that comment go. I do agree it is each family’s decision, but it also irks me when people cut those of us who use them down.

So I turned around…blew the hair out of my mouth…OK, might be exaggerating there. LOL… and said to the girl…. My Daughter is 6 and we have our stroller parked outside waiting for us. We can go longer days if she has one and we plan to stay till at least 2 AM tonight. I also told her that we don’t normally use it at home, but for trips like this, it was very helpful.

Her Mom piped up them. She said that her DD would be eating her words when she had children. LOL! And she went on to tell her that she was a stroller child as well and they had used the stroller with her for many years on trips like this as well.

We soon we close enough to see the boats.

piratelattern.jpg

I think we were in the first row again. We seem to have a lot of luck getting front rows this day.

deadmentellnotales.jpg

We exited and stopped to look at our picture. I tried to take the redneck version ,but a strong shadow was on each and everyone I took. Here’s about the best of them….and you can see, I am totally ducked down.

We headed off to Pirates. Claire was a little leery about it. She has ridden it every trip, but the last 3 she acts like it might be scary. The line was kind of long. We usually go when it’s practically walk on. I think we waited about 20 minutes.

We saw Pirate Goofy at the entrance and I asked Claire if she wanted to see him first, but she said no.

We got in line and guess what….MORE line huggers. This group was a Mom and several preteen girls. The one girl was really close. So much so, that her hair was CONSTANTLY touching me. ICK! She would turn to talk to her family, and it would brush against my shoulders. I tried my best to avoid it, but she would just get closer then.

It could have been worse. We got stuck in Pirates in front of a group of Brazilians. Yea, some of you know what I'm talking about. They sing and chant and beat drums very loudly through ques and the attractions. The Pirates loader loaded us, another boat then let two boats go through empty before loading the Brazilians to give some buffer room. They must have received a warning because they were relatively quiet on the attraction.

Your camera takes great low-light photos BTW.

More more more!!! :) I will add to the many voices of appreciation for this awesome awesome trip report! It feels like you have brought all of us along on your vacation... I have actually sat here on my bum all afternoon and evening and read the whole thing (all 25 pages so far!!) and can't wait for the end! :) Next year we are going on our first Disney cruise (on the Wonder though, we live on the west coast) and then will be going to Disneyland afterwards, so this is really pumping up my excitement for our trip!! :)

Also, I LOVE your 2010 disney hoodie (the white one with the writing on it?) I soooo nearly bought it last time at Disneyland but then in the end bought a white one with the black sillhouettes of fairies and pixie hollow design plants and a sillhouette of Tink on the back... lol not that that matters, but I love them both!

Thanks again and I look forward to reading the rest... :)

It could have been worse. We got stuck in Pirates in front of a group of Brazilians. Yea, some of you know what I'm talking about. They sing and chant and beat drums very loudly through ques and the attractions. The Pirates loader loaded us, another boat then let two boats go through empty before loading the Brazilians to give some buffer room. They must have received a warning because they were relatively quiet on the attraction.

Your camera takes great low-light photos BTW.

OH no. Lucklily I haven't run into too many groups like that. I think the worst was in 1995 whe nI went with my friend and her brother in late June. We were all pretty new to WDW. I think it was the first time I had gone as an adult, and we saw so many tour groups and they were noisey. My friends brother was 17 and he would just stare at them. LOL! It didn't ruin my love for Disney though.

I have an SLR, and I used a lens that works better in low light, so I gave some pictures a try. In some rides ,like Peter Pan, it was pretty much impossible.

More more more!!! :) I will add to the many voices of appreciation for this awesome awesome trip report! It feels like you have brought all of us along on your vacation... I have actually sat here on my bum all afternoon and evening and read the whole thing (all 25 pages so far!!) and can't wait for the end! :) Next year we are going on our first Disney cruise (on the Wonder though, we live on the west coast) and then will be going to Disneyland afterwards, so this is really pumping up my excitement for our trip!! :)

Also, I LOVE your 2010 disney hoodie (the white one with the writing on it?) I soooo nearly bought it last time at Disneyland but then in the end bought a white one with the black sillhouettes of fairies and pixie hollow design plants and a sillhouette of Tink on the back... lol not that that matters, but I love them both!

Thanks again and I look forward to reading the rest... :)

Thanks you so much for reading along. It was a very fun trip. I am goin in Aug again and I can't wait. But the way this is going, I don't know if I'll be finished by then. LOL! I will finish it though. I and will be writiing a trip report on Dis about the Aug WDW vacation.

I do love that sweatshirt too. I have a bit of a sweatshirt love and get one each trip. I am debating on whether I should get one in Aug or not. I bought 2 this past trip (one on the ship and 1 at the world), but I think if I find one I like, it may find it's way home with me.

We then decided instead of heading to Space we would stop off at the Castle and check if we could 1. Add Dad to our ADR and 2. get in earlier. I have a great Dis friend, Keri. We talk on facebook all the time. Her DD, Natasha, was working at CRT at the time. Keri said that Natasha was pretty sure we could get in earlier than our 9:30 appointment. And it shouldn’t be any problem to add my Dad as well.

Claire and I went up to the desk and did some name dropping. LOL! We let them know that Natasha had said to come early and check to see if both those options were available. They told us that there would be no problem what so ever to add Dad…and to check back after our BBB appointment to see if we could get in earlier. I then made a call over to Mom and Dad and let them know what was up. They were close to being done at AK and were going to head over soon.

We decided to head over and see if Tiana was out. She was due out soon, so we got in a fairly short line and waited. We had walked by the Dole Whip stand, and I asked Claire if she wanted to share one with me. I have YET to ever try one. She looked at the line and said no way. LOL!

Of course I took some pictures to pass the time while we waited.

inlinefortiana.jpg

Soon we saw the Princess and her Man approach the area.

tiananandnaveenapproaching.jpg

shuttersatmk.jpg

blueskyatmk.jpg

hiddencastleview.jpg

Archived