Turtle and Shipwreck Snorkel

jennygyal100

I found a tour that is for the Turtles and the Shipwrecks for snorkeling for $40 each. The tour goes at 2pm and comes back at 4pm. Our ship departs at 6pm.

does that give us enough time to get back to the ship?

We can spend the morning on their beach and there is a restaurant and bar so we can have lunch etc. I am just unsure if that gives us enough time to get back to the ship.

This is our first cruise so i just wanted to check with anyone that has been to Barbados to see it this sounds like a good idea.

I found a tour that is for the Turtles and the Shipwrecks for snorkeling for $40 each. The tour goes at 2pm and comes back at 4pm. Our ship departs at 6pm.

does that give us enough time to get back to the ship?

We can spend the morning on their beach and there is a restaurant and bar so we can have lunch etc. I am just unsure if that gives us enough time to get back to the ship.

This is our first cruise so i just wanted to check with anyone that has been to Barbados to see it this sounds like a good idea.

I would think that two hrs to get back to the ship would be plenty of time. We used Calabaza. It was an all day tour that took off from the dock five minutes from the cruise terminal & returned to the same place. It was $100 for for everything. Food,drinks,snorkel equip.Very relaxing,I think they only take 12 people max. When we went, there was only 6. Our guide was the best, he would swim down with a piece of fish in his hand & would lure the turtles up to the suface. I think his name was Gregory.

c173a26a.jpg

Hi Jenny,

We just got back from our cruise last month. I would recommend you do the turtle swim on your own. Make your way to Paynes Bay. We took the bus to Paynes Bay- It was super cheap ($1US one way). The beach is great and the turtles are pretty close to the beach. The catamaran in the picture is where the turtles are. Turtle swim lasted maybe 1/2 hour for tour people ... as long as we wanted for us. I would recommend going in the morning as i've heard once the turtles are fed and happy they go deep and aren't around as much. It was a lot of fun and allowed us to spend money on a private taxi tour around the island later in the day.

c173a26a.jpg

Hi Jenny,

We just got back from our cruise last month. I would recommend you do the turtle swim on your own. Make your way to Paynes Bay. We took the bus to Paynes Bay- It was super cheap ($1US one way). The beach is great and the turtles are pretty close to the beach. The catamaran in the picture is where the turtles are. Turtle swim lasted maybe 1/2 hour for tour people ... as long as we wanted for us. I would recommend going in the morning as i've heard once the turtles are fed and happy they go deep and aren't around as much. It was a lot of fun and allowed us to spend money on a private taxi tour around the island later in the day.

Thanks for the photo we plan to do the self turtle snorkel our selfs and was wondering how far out it was.

Paul

273 days to cruise

• 3 weeks later...

We went on the turtle snorkeling trip and it was fabulous! Eveyone on the boat was really friendly and helpful and made it a lot of fun. We hung out on the beach in the morning and had lunch on the beach, 2 fresh fish burgers and 2 sodas for $12...i recommend getting your lunch from the vendor on the beach. You can get lunch at a resort that is close by, but their prices were a lot higher. Our tour ended at 4pm and we were back to the cruise ship terminal around 4:30 with time to shop in the mall at the cruise terminal. We had an awesome day!

I think it is quite doable from the beach, BUT please be sure to use a swim vest! There is no where to grab onto out there if you are not snorkeling from a boat and the water is about 10-20 feet deep. You do not want to get a cramp and not be able to float. We used Shasa and were very happy with them. If you do it on your own, just be careful!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
c173a26a.jpg

Hi Jenny,

looks like you guys had fun how deep is the water to swim with the turtles? We're going on a family cruise next month and they want to do swimm with the turtles but wondering how deep is the water? do they provide you with vest? pls reply and advise. thanks

Archived