For those of you who cruise with infants...HOW?

Disneycruisers

We have a cruise coming up this June & he will be 15 months at the time. He's walking, talking & full of energy now so I'm prepared for a lot of work,

ROFL!

I remember when our DD was 15 mos. old, I couldn't close my eyes to sneeze! She was all over the place. Touching, grabbing, pulling, running. I was a SAHM too, and I did the "nap when the baby naps." I needed it more than she did!

I do think it's wonderful though, that families make the best of it. That's so true, that you're still on vacation, not having to cook and clean.:)

I find traveling with an infant way easier than traveling with a toddler. We just returned from a cruise w/ our 8mos old and she was a dream. Our 5 and 7 year old sons traveled with us too and they had a great time, but they were more work than the infant. Our 2 year old stayed home with grandma b/c he doesn't adjust as well to messing with his napping, sleeping, eating, etc. schedules and he's exhausting. We find we travel a lot with our infants, then stop for the toddler years, then start back up around age 4.

It looks like this,

When waiting to get off the boat at the end of the cruise I wonder where have all the famlies with the baby strollers have been during the cruise.

Because there are lots.

But hardly see them during the cruise.

Must have spent a lot of time in the cabin.:)

My kids are great travelers, so we didn't even consider cruising without them. We've taken many trips with them and have always had great experiences. DS's first flight was at 4 months old and DD's was at 15 months. They've flown many times now. We've also done a bunch of long road trips. The idea of seeing multiple ports without having to fly or drive to each one is part of what attracted us to the idea of a cruise. When it was just the 2 of us, hopping trains all over Europe was simple, but with kids that style of travel is less attractive to us. We do hope they'll use the kids club a bit so we can have a little time to ourselves, but overall, I'm really looking forward to spending time with them.

I loved cruising with my twins when they were babies and toddlers because at home no one is serving all our meals and cleaning up after us. The weeks we spent cruising at that age were always my least stressful each year, and the time I got to spend simply enjoying my children was (and now that they're 6, still is) priceless. We've done all kinds of other vacations, but cruises are always the most relaxing and give us the most quality time.

Best,

Mia

we just took our 7 month old on a cruise....it is hard work! but i really wanted to go on a cruise!!!!:p We couldnt see shows, or anything like that because she likes to make squaking noises..doesnt cry just likes to be vocal lol. She did okay in the dining room as long as she had milk or she would sleep and she liked watching the sea gulls on deck if we would walk around. It's funny because she took way more naps on the cruise then she normally did..maybe the swaying of the ship? It was still fun to not have to clean house, make dinner, do dishes,etc. Next cruise we are going with friends who are gonna help!!!!!

Archived