Do you like ships with movie screen on lido deck or not?

bethtogo

Define "bad movie"? That is your opinion……just the reason that I don't get involved in boards like this. We all have our reasons for liking them or not liking them. NO REASON to be soooo HARSH!!!

It is his opinion why criticize him for doing that?

It is his opinion why criticize him for doing that?

I am NOT critizing him for his "opinion". It is often the way that it is stated that demands a reply. Just simply put…if you don't like it, then don't like it, but to "belittle" things that people like(i.e. hockey playoff/basketball/CNN)….just say you don't like it….as simple as that. His opinion isn't going to change mine.

i didn't care for it during the day, i felt it was too loud and distracting. during the day we sat away from the screen for the peacefulness. but i did enjoy the big screen at night, movie under the stars. i also felt the there was more activity at night on the lido deck when there is a big screen outside.

It all depends on what's going on. In the morning, they will show CNN International, as well as the Cruise Director's morning show. In the afternoon, they will show music, sometimes a tween/children's movie, etc. In the evening, they will show current movies. At times we have been lucky to have caught Sunday Night Football, Monday Night Football, College Football, Baseball Games, etc.

There will always be a listing in the Fun Times with what is being shown on the big screen.

We love it, and wish that all of the ships had it!

As long as I can go to the Serenity area and not have to be bothered by it, then I don't care if the ship has one. I think it's another costcutting idea. Can't get a human on the phone, checkout line with a human, bank tellers. Pretty soon it will be jukeboxes and vending machines. Luckily we don't sail for the ships.

I have sailed twice where the ship had the big screen and I don't care for it at all. Will try my best to avoid it if at all possible in a few weeks on the Liberty. It's going to be hard to do considering we love hanging out on lido deck so much.

I like the big screens, at night when you watch a movie they even hand out fuzzy blankets incase the ocean breeze is a little too chilly. Oh, so much fun.

We just sailed and the evening movies seemed to be a big hit with families. Each night they rolled out a big bin of blankets and one of the bars popped popcorn. Lots of people enjoying themselves.

We just sailed and the evening movies seemed to be a big hit with families. Each night they rolled out a big bin of blankets and one of the bars popped popcorn. Lots of people enjoying themselves.

I liked the Big Screen on the Truimph..Didnt bother me at all and most of the time forgot it was there .. As somebody said, families watching movies at night was pretty cool.. Maybe they need to change the programming a little though. Wasnt crazy about the baby turtles trying to make it to the water being eaten by birds documentary they showed and not sure how that would be considered relexing but hey, to each his / her own.

We love the big movie screen, I wish it was on every ship! I'd much rather have a movie or concert playing than have to listen to some band playing "Hot Hot Hot" for the zillionth time. Or to have to sit through the belly flop contest or the hairy legs contest, or see one more ice carving demonstration (it's a swan - we get it - it's made of ice, woo hoo).

I'll take a movie over that any day. Just my opinion.

Archived