Chileno and Santa Maria cove the same?

Hollyster2

I keep trying to decide between the Chileno Bay excursion and the Santa Maria Cove one. Everything I read says good things about both, but never compares the two. What are the differences if any? I have searched all kinds of resources, and I can't really tell the difference between the two excursions. Is there a big difference in the boat? Is there a big difference in water clarity, or distance from shore? Can anyone shed a little more light on the subject?:confused:

The two locations are right next to each other. The water in Santa Maria cove is calmer than Chileno. Santa Maria does get more crowded. The snorkeling is just about the same in both locations. The beach at Santa Maria is a bit closer to the snorkeling area. You should be happy with either area. If I had to choose which one I would choose Santa Maria cove. Mike

Hello Hollyster, I just received some travel notes from a friend who has been to Cabo a few times and this is what she has written: (I quote) Santa Maria Bay - beautiful beach and great reef to snorkel in (this is the bay we caught the local bus to) Chilano Bay - Not as nice as Santa Maria Bay but good snorkelling as well. Sooo... maybe this info will cement your decission. Jayna k

Archived