All things Reflections

Penney80

Hi 1959

Thanks again for the update on the building of the ship. I love the way you explain things. Thanks again for the tip on the web cam. Loved watching the ships leave on the week ends. Hey we are from WV too. I husband grew up in Grafton and lived in Clarksburg for awhile.

Joann and Bob

Hi 1959

Thanks again for the update on the building of the ship. I love the way you explain things. Thanks again for the tip on the web cam. Loved watching the ships leave on the week ends. Hey we are from WV too. I husband grew up in Grafton and lived in Clarksburg for awhile.

Joann and Bob

Glad you like the new images. I hope as the ship gets closer to being structurally complete that we see more and more pictures from the shipyard. We will eventually reach a point to where she will look finished, but so much more work will be going on inside that we can't see.

Then, it''ll be time for her float out and conveyance down the Ems River. It's going to be an interesting summer watching her being built, especially with the extra deck over the prior Solstice-class.

I guess being from WV your husband knows what a small town Clarksburg is then. I've only lived here for five years. Nice place but I hope not to be stuck here for the rest of my life. :eek:;) I do miss living in North Carolina!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's been a few weeks and now we have another side by side comparison of the Feb. 13th (left) and the March 6th (right) image of the Celebrity Reflection under construction at the MeyerWerft shipyard in Papenburg, Germany.

In this image you are looking down the port side from forward to aft, and can see the completed superstructure now runs all the way to where the second smokestack will be.

Feb13Mar6webcam.jpg

Here are the last three webcam images. I didn't want to usurp dmwnc1959s nice updates he has been posting, but it appears he may be away - hopefully on a cruise!

There was a different image two days ago that had the furthest crane in another position. In that view you could see that the very tail of the ship is in place and the aft balcony cabins were mostly installed. In the current image it appears that all the major components are in place, and the full shape of the ship is now visible. It's interesting to see how the middle upper decks look in comparison to the other S-class ships.

Feb13Mar6webcam.jpg2012_maerz_14%20h6.jpg

Celebrity_Solstice_02_hr.jpg

Thanks for all the helpful information! I just booked the Jan 5, 2013 sailing on Reflection and am obsessively looking for more information on the ship, which will be my first time on the S-class. It looks like a new photo was updated today on Meyer Werft's website. Sadly I have no idea how to post photos on the boards so I'll leave that to someone else.

Hi Guys! We're planning on booking the Jan 5th sailing as well! We hope to have a group together of about 4 or 6 couples. I have been on the Solstice before and absolutely loved it!! The other couples that will be coming with us have never cruised before, so I definitely wanted to "wow" them :-) Where are you from? Have you checked out our roll call?

~Jeff & Jerol

Thanks for all the helpful information! I just booked the Jan 5, 2013 sailing on Reflection and am obsessively looking for more information on the ship, which will be my first time on the S-class. It looks like a new photo was updated today on Meyer Werft's website. Sadly I have no idea how to post photos on the boards so I'll leave that to someone else.

It looks like a new photo was updated today on Meyer Werft's website. Sadly I have no idea how to post photos on the boards so I'll leave that to someone else.

With a little help from your CC friends, here is a small photo from Meyer Werft's home page:

celebrity%20reflection%2016_03_2012.jpg

Also click on these links for large, high resolution photos too large to display here:

http://www.meyerwerft-medien.de/data/pressefotos/218/27909.jpg

http://www.meyerwerft-medien.de/data/pressefotos/218/27908.jpg

First let me say thanks to everyone posting all these photos. They are fantastic!

Where do you find these photos on the Meyer Werft home page?

Boogs, can you post a link to the high resolution photo of the aft that you pasted here? We have an aft cabin on the transatlantic in November and would love to zoom in on our cabin.

Thanks again to everyone!

First let me say thanks to everyone posting all these photos. They are fantastic!

Where do you find these photos on the Meyer Werft home page?

Boogs, can you post a link to the high resolution photo of the aft that you pasted here? We have an aft cabin on the transatlantic in November and would love to zoom in on our cabin.

Thanks again to everyone!

The small aft view is on Meyer Werft's home page. There isn't a high resolution version available to us of that image, only to people who are registered with them as press personnel. The other photo links are found under the "PRESS" drop down menu, then "PRESS PICTURES". These are select images that are provided for 'civilians' like us to drool over :)

Love the new pictures. THANK YOU Boogs for posting the links. I work midnight shifts and you definitely beat me to it one this one! ;)

If you notice in the first picture her bow is not yet attached but is laying on the dry dock floor behind her where you can see the bulbous bow. Here are the same pictures but downsized a bit:

6988871407_318d7b245b_o.jpg

6842748540_2272e6bf6f_o.jpg

Love the new pictures. THANK YOU Boogs for posting the links. I work midnight shifts and you definitely beat me to it one this one! ;)

You are very welcomed! Again, not trying to one-upmanship you. You have done a great job posting the images for the last few months, and hopefully you will keep thrilling us. I'm not racing to be first to post them - the only race I'm interested in is racing to my stateroom when I board our Oct 21st Mediterranean Renaissance cruise on the new and fabulous Reflection. :D:D

Hi Guys! We're planning on booking the Jan 5th sailing as well! We hope to have a group together of about 4 or 6 couples. I have been on the Solstice before and absolutely loved it!! The other couples that will be coming with us have never cruised before, so I definitely wanted to "wow" them :-) Where are you from? Have you checked out our roll call?

~Jeff & Jerol

Hello! We're from Miami. I just added onto the roll call yesterday after putting down our deposit. After sailing on Millennium in October, which I really enjoyed, I'm looking forward to a brand new ship but I hope the Reflection doesn't lose the charm of old Millie with its size. I'll have to wait a really long time to see!

The next big event for Celebrity Reflection will be when she is floated backwards in the drydock to allow beginning construction of the next new build for the shipyard which I believe is the Norwegian Breakaway.

Last year Celebrity Silhouette was actually floated free of the building completely (without her bow being attached yet) so that they could float in a large prefabricated hull piece of the Disney Fantasy, then she returned inside the builders shed to complete her construction. Here are some old links to what they looked like for Celebrity Silhouette and what may also happen with Celebrity Reflection:

http://www.meyerwerft-fotos.de/data/pressefotos/218/6732.jpg

http://www.meyerwerft-fotos.de/data/pressefotos/218/6734.jpg

http://www.meyerwerft-fotos.de/data/pressefotos/218/6731.jpg

At this point in time, with the exception of the ships bow, the Celebrity Reflection is basically structurally complete.

All of the main large pre-fabricated modules are in place and the next long phase will be the building up and completion of the exterior and interior public spaces (most which are hollow shells at this point), finishing insertion and placement of all staterooms and balconies, and painting the hull and superstructure.

Very gradually over the next couple of months we will see the ship turn from this rough looking 'construction in progress' to a beautiful 'finished product'.

The lifeboats and smokestack of the ship won't be in place until after she is officially floated out mid-August (tentatively Aug. 12th).

Archived