All things Reflections

Penney80

Hello all!

New to the board and to Celebrity (well, I've actually only been on two cruises in my life so I guess I could be considered new all around) and have just started researching a possible Dec. sailing on Reflection. I love new things - so I figure what could be better than a brand new cruise ship! Now I just have to get my husband "on board" with me on this.

I would love your thoughts on Aft balcony cabins, specifically what I am believing to be C1 class cabins. I really would like to book a balcony on this cruise and the more private (if possible) the better. Can you all share your pros and cons, specifically those that have sailed on this class of ship before? I would greatly appreciate it!

I would also like to know how to get the best deal possible. Can you still get price drops if you book directly through the cruise line or is a TA best? Also, onboard credits and such...how do you get your little hands on those? :rolleyes:

I am sure I'll have more questions along the way and look forward to picking all of your brains! :D

Kim

P.S. And when I say "Aft" I mean directly on the back of the ship (not educated enough to know if there is a specific name for that location).

Hi Kim, welcome aboard.

I have sailed on all the Solstice class ships and booked on a B2B on Reflection 5th Dec.

Aft cabins are great, but on the Solstice class there is a "long" walk from the central elevator area to the cabins. go for deck 10 and higher as lower decks can be noisey from engine/pod vibrations.

yes you can get price drops directly with X before final payment and OBC if a deal is on, or if you own shares in RCL, a TA may give you OBC as well. If you booked via a TA then you would not be able to talk to X if you had a problem you have to deal with the TA.

Here in the UK I deal direct with X/RCL.

If you book on the 5th or 8th Dec I will see on board........:cool:

Hello all!

New to the board and to Celebrity (well, I've actually only been on two cruises in my life so I guess I could be considered new all around) and have just started researching a possible Dec. sailing on Reflection. I love new things - so I figure what could be better than a brand new cruise ship! Now I just have to get my husband "on board" with me on this.

I would love your thoughts on Aft balcony cabins, specifically what I am believing to be C1 class cabins. I really would like to book a balcony on this cruise and the more private (if possible) the better. Can you all share your pros and cons, specifically those that have sailed on this class of ship before? I would greatly appreciate it!

I would also like to know how to get the best deal possible. Can you still get price drops if you book directly through the cruise line or is a TA best? Also, onboard credits and such...how do you get your little hands on those? :rolleyes:

I am sure I'll have more questions along the way and look forward to picking all of your brains! :D

Kim

P.S. And when I say "Aft" I mean directly on the back of the ship (not educated enough to know if there is a specific name for that location).

hi kim,

book an aft sky suite. they are on the back corners on the reflection. they are oversized rooms and verandas with a life-size porthole in the room. best cabins on the ship.

hi kim,

book an aft sky suite. they are on the back corners on the reflection. they are oversized rooms and verandas with a life-size porthole in the room. best cabins on the ship.

These cabins you refer to are in category S1.

My family is thinking about sailing Reflection in December. While I was exploring the deck plans on Celebrity's website I noticed that Quasar did not exist and was replaced in its normal area with a conference center. Does anyone know about this? Do you think they will still have a venue that plays top 40 hits?

Oh no! I really loved Quasar! Not good :(

My family is thinking about sailing Reflection in December. While I was exploring the deck plans on Celebrity's website I noticed that Quasar did not exist and was replaced in its normal area with a conference center. Does anyone know about this? Do you think they will still have a venue that plays top 40 hits?

I'm curious about this as well... Does anyone know if there will be a nightclub-type venue?

I'm curious about this as well... Does anyone know if there will be a nightclub-type venue?

If it ends up that Qusar is a conference room then I think the nightclub/disco will be in Sky Observation lounge like it is on Millennium class ships.

BUT there may be a few more "new Reveals" to come out yet. :confused:

Quasar was a severely under utilized space. Hardly anyone went in there. The new space will be a multi use space where conferences, private parties, classes, special dinners, social events, etc, can be held.

I found a website that describes some of the aspects of Reflection that make it different than her sisters http://www.ship-technology.com/projects/celebrity-reflection-cruise-ship-us/ . One comment that caught my eye was this: "On average, all standard cabins will be more spacious than those on the previous four vessels."

I wonder what that means! :confused:

• 2 weeks later...
I found a website that describes some of the aspects of Reflection that make it different than her sisters http://www.ship-technology.com/projects/celebrity-reflection-cruise-ship-us/ . One comment that caught my eye was this: "On average, all standard cabins will be more spacious than those on the previous four vessels."

Very interesting, thank you for sharing.

That might be related to the fact that Reflection, in addition to the additional deck, is also 3 foot wider than her sisters. Hopefully, the added an extra foot to each outside room (port and starboard), and each inside room. Of course, they could have made the hallways a foot and half wider. :eek:

That might be related to the fact that Reflection, in addition to the additional deck, is also 3 foot wider than her sisters. Hopefully, the added an extra foot to each outside room (port and starboard), and each inside room. Of course, they could have made the hallways a foot and half wider. :eek:

I was understanding this to mean that all standard cabins are bigger whether inside or outside. Does anyone know for sure?

I was understanding this to mean that all standard cabins are bigger whether inside or outside. Does anyone know for sure?

At the moment we are all speculating about where that extra three feet will be. I have not seen any information on this, and I have been looking around the web for any information I can find on Reflection.

Just booked A1-1620, front edge of the hump starboard side. Are they doing the alternating bed thing for 1614-1620 on Reflection? If so, are the beds in 1620 near the balcony or near the bathroom?

Just booked A1-1620, front edge of the hump starboard side. Are they doing the alternating bed thing for 1614-1620 on Reflection? If so, are the beds in 1620 near the balcony or near the bathroom?

Cabin 1620 on Reflection is numbered 1610 on her sisters. Using the S-class Cabin Information Compilation sticky at the top of the thread page, and assuming that this cabin will be identical to her sisters, your cabin will have the bed by the bathroom. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=31701206&postcount=1478 Note that unlike her sisters, Reflection will have more cabins above you, where her sisters have the pool area above. This is because of the additional deck area on Reflection.

I've been booked in 2109 (Aqua Suite). It looks like a hump cabin so it should have a larger balcony from what I can tell. My concern is the wall along the corridor also has a crazy angle in it to coincide with the angled balcony. Any thoughts on whether this might be a negative? I still have time to switch if it looks bad so any comments appreciated.

I've been booked in 2109 (Aqua Suite). It looks like a hump cabin so it should have a larger balcony from what I can tell. My concern is the wall along the corridor also has a crazy angle in it to coincide with the angled balcony. Any thoughts on whether this might be a negative? I still have time to switch if it looks bad so any comments appreciated.

No, the wall at the hallway end will be straight. These cabins are normal cabins with only the balcony railing end angled.

Your cabin will have a similar balcony as the furthest one in the following photo, which has the partition opened up so both cabins could share the balconies:

celebrity-equinox-hump-balcony-subtchr.jpg

No, the wall at the hallway end will be straight. These cabins are normal cabins with only the balcony railing end angled.

Your cabin will have a similar balcony as the furthest one in the following photo, which has the partition opened up so both cabins could share the balconies:

celebrity-equinox-hump-balcony-subtchr.jpg

Did you have to post that picture??? Now I want to take a cruise today!!

At the moment we are all speculating about where that extra three feet will be. I have not seen any information on this, and I have been looking around the web for any information I can find on Reflection.

If you take the article at face value then it sound as if at least some of the extra space should be in the cabins.

According to the X website though, standard varandah on both ships is 194 +54 sq ft.

Archived