Port or starboard for europe

ISLAND DIVA

We are going to be booking the Solstice October 2011 12 night Mediterranean Venice cruise.Which side of the ship would be better to book a cabin--Port or Starboard for the best views .Concerning the dining ,we usually book a set early time but thinking it may be better to consider flexiable dining as the shore excursions in the ports will be longer and would not have to rush.One last question what hotels do most passengers use in Barcelona,do most go with the cruise hotels.I have not been to Barcelona for years therefore not sure . One more --what are thoughts on the concierge class of cabin and cabins at the back of the ship(too much motion ?).Thank you in advance for the advice.Sorry for all the questions at once.

I would have to go with port side since the land is going to be on the left side of the ship for the most part. In Venice you will have the best view from the front of the ship or from the open deck sailing in. Port side will have good views leaving Venice.

If you don't want the same tablemates each night go with the flexible dining. I agree that some nights it was hard to get back on time and showered at early seating. We did do Murano's twice when we knew that we wouldn't be back on time. So that's another option.

As for the back of the boat- I have felt vibration on other cruises

Archived