Just off the Glory this morning

thekings23

What a fantastic trip. Vegging out at the Crown Plaza at the Miami airport. We brought our two toddlers for our first family vacation. If anyone has questions about the cruise or itinerary (San Juan, HMC, St Thomas, Grand Turk) fire away!

Glad you enjoyed your trip. Be prepared for winter weather when you return home. It is freezing today and it is supposed to snow tomorrow!

Thats what I hear, 85 and sunny here in Miami, not looking forward to home, I just hope the flight isn't delayed.

Hi,

We are taking the same cruise in 3 weeks and cannot wait! We're also cruising with our 4 year old son.

I'm curious about what you did in the ports with your kids and also on the ship. Do you have any advice?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

That sounds like a great itinerary! We loved Grand Turk; that beach right off the dock was great and Margaritaville is always a blast. The pool was wonderful.

Glad you had a great time!

Hi,

We are taking the same cruise in 3 weeks and cannot wait! We're also cruising with our 4 year old son.

I'm curious about what you did in the ports with your kids and also on the ship. Do you have any advice?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

I think 4 years old is the perfect age for a kid on a cruise. My 2 year old was asking to go home all week, hated camp and was a bummer all week. The 4 year old loved every minute and won't stop asking about going back.

On Half Moon Cay they have a toddler sized water park on the far end of the beach. Its just steps from the ocean and there are several lounge chairs near by. The boys loved it, and it was perfectly set up so I could supervise them while laying out in the sun.

In St Thomas we took an open aired taxi to Magens Bay, nice beach day. I feel like the beach didn't compare to HMC. We then took our oldest to Camp while we did some shopping with our 2 year old, there is a pretty large shopping area right in the port area.

In San Juan we were just planning on walking to the forts, but it was incredibly hot, over 90 degrees. There were tour operators right outside the port gate trying to fill their large vans. For 10 pp (no charge for the kids) we got a 2 hour tour of San Juan. We stopped at the capital building, on a few beaches, as well as in front of the fort. After the tour we were dropped off right in the shopping district, short walk to one of the forts. The boys loved exploring the fort, it was real cheap too. Kids were free and it was only 5 or 6 dollars to get in for the wife and I. We then shopped around Old San Juan, got ice cream and back to the boat.

In Grand Turk we skipped the cruise terminal area outright. It is way busy by Margaritaville and a real party atmosphere. About ten minutes walk beyond the main drag is a little beach bar called Jacks Shack. This was great, real quiet beach and the bar owner has a dog named Topher that the boys loved to play with. The bar is a hut on a deck right on the beach, so we rented chairs on the beach and walked up for drinks and played with the kids in the beach. This was our favorite stop of all.

The camp carnival crew on the Glory were fantastic, they were amazing with both our boys.

We leave on Glory...same itinerary next Sunday...can't wait to get away!!

We will be travelling with our 2 little ones... Do you have any suggestions on things to do on board? Did you use the Camp Carnival?

Which island was their favourite?

Any other tips and suggestions would be so helpful ;0)

Thanks!

Jenn

Archived