Ugh I can't decide darn it!

flcruiser08

Trying to decide between 2 coral breeze tours the snorkeling one that goes to caye caulker or the manatee watch and bannister beach break. I'm thinking the first one but my dh is scared of the possible nurse shark :( Any suggestions?

I would vote for the second. The manatee watch is just that, you look over the side of the boat. Banister is nice but a private island with only cruise tourists.

The second, Caye Caulker is a real village with real people. As far as the sharks. They hang out on one of the stops. If he dosent want to swim with them he can stay on the boat until another boat pulls up. They are all trained to go to arriving boat that feed them. Once the motor goes off they move on...

Trying to decide between 2 coral breeze tours the snorkeling one that goes to caye caulker or the manatee watch and bannister beach break. I'm thinking the first one but my dh is scared of the possible nurse shark :( Any suggestions?

Nurse Sharks are probably the most harmless of all the sharks. They have small mouths & very small teeth. These sharks are mostly nocturnal & hang near the oceans bottom. You may run into them at Caye Caulker. They are abundant around Ambergris Caye at shark-ray alley. I've seen dozens of these in the wild throughout the Caribbean & Florida & never seen an aggresive one.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did a shore excursion that included a snorkel tour and shark ray alley. The nurse sharks were amazing and beautiful, but we never felt like we were in any danger. The sharks and stingrays are like underwater cats that rub up against you and hope for food. The snorkel tour was absolutely amazing. It was definitely the best one I have done. I have done a snorkel tour in 5 different ports in the Western Caribbean, but this was by far the best. I can't imagine anything beating it.

Archived