have you cruised at Christmas with kids and would you do it again?

curiouser123

Yes and Yes..... We took the children on a 20 day South Amerian Antarica cruise and we loved it. We sailed on Holland and the crew was as usual, so good to the childeren. They were 8 and 10 thne. Santa came on board on Christmas day and passed out little gifts. I would do it again in a heartbeat. In fact pllaned to go last year but couldn't find anyone to go with us, so we went somewhere else, but wished we were cruising.

Since nearly everyone in our family is involved in education, the Christmas school break is about the only time we can take all of us on a family cruise. The kids love it and they make so many new friends. For the adults, it is a good time to get away from everything at home. Cruises that include New Years eve are the greatest--there are parties all over the ship, hats and noise makers, and complementary champagne that everning. This Christmas, we will be on the new Carnival Magic. There will be 10 of us in all in 3 cabins on Lido. It's going to be our greatest cruise ever! Bon Voyage!

I just booked a cruise for my family. My kids are 12, 13 & 14. A few weeks ago I asked them to try to remember what gifts they got for christmas and who came for diner two years ago. NO one could remember. BUt when I asked them to recall a vacation we took four years ago......each and every one recalled the specific details and excitement in each new experience.

Thats when I decided that we were going to cruise this year for Christmas and New Years. I am sure it will be a memory they will carry forever....

I am still bringing their stockings and Santa will fill them

We've taken Christmas cruises for the last two years. We did the Golden Princess in 2009 and the Rotterdam 2010. By far the most fun was on the Golden Princess. We had an AMAZING time. We are booked on the Star Princess for this year but may well cancel as we can't get the air arrangements to work and we are looking at other options, including staying home or doing a 7 day trip right after Christmas. We are a small family of three, with no family anywhere close to us, so it's either just us at home for the holidays or we go away. We are also limited by the school schedule when we can travel and like to cruise when we can. Christmas cruises are always full and always full price....

Our 9 year old DD gets annoyed at missing the Christmas Even pageant at church and not being able to participate, but other than that we enjoy the festivities at sea. We put a tree up early in December and enjoy it at home before we leave, and we take presents with us, depending on whether we have to fly to the ship or drive. Our two cruises left out of LA and we could drive to the ship and take on as much stuff as we wanted.

Christmas cruises are a blast and leave you with wonderful memories but they are expensive and usually sold out, so you need to book early!

Archived