Wedding Swag Bags (ie OOT bags) and Wedding Invitation - Warning Picture Heavy!!

storkLA

I love the ideas! Thanks so much for sharing with us. Where did you have the flash drives personalized? I also was wondering if you still had any of the cards left? I would pay for shipping!

Thanks again!

Thanks for the compliments - though I have to admit most of my ideas came from other brides who posted pictures of their OOT bags here. :)

Flash Drives were from: http://www.discountmugs.com/nc/category/usb-flash-drives/

Those came out to about $7 each, (not included in the Swag Bag cost estimate). We gave them out as favors during the wedding. After we loaded them with music, we wrapped them back up in the box they came in (see picture), and glued a navy blue ribbon around them. (our colors were Navy and White.)

I have a few of the lanyard cards left. How many do you need? and please post your email so i can contact you.

MGR_9276.jpg.777ecc5ff4d159c77b3b98197459adce.jpg

MGR_9295.jpg.57202642716ec9433aab1f55c5eb4974.jpg

I love these! So the room doors are magnetic? Was the quality of the magnets good or did they slip down?

Yes, all the doors on the ships are metal, so the magnets stick to them really well - no slippage at all. The quality was excellent, and they were a big hit!

We even printed up a "free sample" in our same pattern that said "Just Married - - - Do Not Disturb!!" that we posted on our door the day of the wedding.

Thanks for the compliments - though I have to admit most of my ideas came from other brides who posted pictures of their OOT bags here. :)

Flash Drives were from: http://www.discountmugs.com/nc/category/usb-flash-drives/

Those came out to about $7 each, (not included in the Swag Bag cost estimate). We gave them out as favors during the wedding. After we loaded them with music, we wrapped them back up in the box they came in (see picture), and glued a navy blue ribbon around them. (our colors were Navy and White.)

I have a few of the lanyard cards left. How many do you need? and please post your email so i can contact you.

Contact info is westcorrie@gmail.com. Looking for maybe 25 or 30 cards. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I see some custom pens in there. Where did you go for them? Vistaprint wants more than I want to spend on them.

That's the one things I didn't order from vistaprints either. I found their pen prices to be to high. We did get STD magnets, t-shirts, and bags from them though. Now I'm looking to see what else I can get at a discount. We finally started putting our OOT bags in order. So far we've spent a little over $10 per person. Not bad at all.

That's the one things I didn't order from vistaprints either. I found their pen prices to be to high. We did get STD magnets, t-shirts, and bags from them though. Now I'm looking to see what else I can get at a discount. We finally started putting our OOT bags in order. So far we've spent a little over $10 per person. Not bad at all.

I thought they were overly expensive on pens too. But it sounds like you're within a reasonable budget so far. Especially if you've already got bags and t-shirts. (I think I'm going to ask my mom to embroider our wedding logo on the bags and towels with her machine which should save some cash...)

I haven't really decided where to go for everything yet as I still have 11 mos and we've only currently got 8 people confirmed cruising with us.

Also, If anyone knows of a place where I can get a logo on a matchbook (not one of their dumb designs) for a reasonable price and I don't have to buy 2,000 of them, please let me know.

I thought they were overly expensive on pens too. But it sounds like you're within a reasonable budget so far. Especially if you've already got bags and t-shirts. (I think I'm going to ask my mom to embroider our wedding logo on the bags and towels with her machine which should save some cash...)

Oh no we didn't get the bags for the OOT bags yet. We just ordered two bags (one for each of us) to carry our stuff in as the wedding couple. Since we are doing OOT bags per cabin and smaller ones per person, we haven't decided on bags for the items yet. We don't believe anyone wants a bag with our name on it that's why we haven't ordered the canvas ones.

Where did you find your bags & towels?

I haven't really decided where to go for everything yet as I still have 11 mos and we've only currently got 8 people confirmed cruising with us.

We just started our OOT bags now that we are a little less than 3 months away. Our final payment for cruise bookings is this Monday so now we know exactly who is cruising and can purchase accordingly.

We got most of our stuff from Walmart & Target, except for whatever was ordered from vistaprint and the water proof key card carrier was from a website someone gave me here.

I love it!! Would you be able to send me like 50 of the business cards? I could pay for the shipping if anything! I appreciate it so much. Thank you!

I was wondering what you wrote on the lanyard's. I could not make out what it is.

I love the ideas! Thanks so much for sharing with us. Where did you have the flash drives personalized? I also was wondering if you still had any of the cards left? I would pay for shipping!

Thanks again!

What type of lanyard's did you get, Ex: Nylon or Polyester. Which is better. I want to get them but I dont know which one.

StorkLA,

I loved your business card saying so much I think I may borrow it. Let me know if you have any problems with that, and I won't. It's just too darn cute!!

Not at all. I borrowed it from a previous Cruise Bride. :) enjoy!

and Best Wishes!

I see some custom pens in there. Where did you go for them? Vistaprint wants more than I want to spend on them.

We did get them from Vistaprint. We ended up ordering a lot of them (100)- with plans to use the extras at home afterwards, and with a 50% off coupon they came to about $1.40 each, which didn't seem like a bad deal. You can get pens on many other sites for less, they just tend to require you to order several hundred, which is way more than we needed.

Also, If anyone knows of a place where I can get a logo on a matchbook (not one of their dumb designs) for a reasonable price and I don't have to buy 2,000 of them, please let me know.

you can get matchbooks at this site which also has some other cute personalized favors. The personalized matchbooks are $17 for 50.

http://www.favorfavor.com/page/FF/PROD/Match

Another site which has super cute favors, and a sale on their Anchor and Captains Wheel Keychains right now is:

http://www.lightinthebox.com/-Destination-Wedding--Love-Voyage-Keyring--Set-of-Two--in-Velvet-Gift-Bag_p158941.html

If that deal had been going on when i was planning the swag bags, i probably would have gotten them!

• 2 weeks later...
Can you tell me where you ordered your water bottles? Love your ideas, have added some to my OOT bags... just need some more ideas for the children bags I need to make.

We recently ordered ours here http://www.discountmugs.com/ (Discount Mugs . com). We didn't do anything fancy, just had each sailing guest's name put on it. We chose BPA free ones @ 2.00 a bottle.

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm helping a friend with ideas for bags for her son's wedding and all of you have had really great ones!

Sharine and Dana, I've been to your wedding site and it's beautiful! I think it's a great way to keep people up to date and feeling involved and saving you a bunch of time in communicating.

Thanks everyone for the ideas....keep 'em coming!

Fantastic Bags, Very Personal, Great Job!!

I had ordered stuff for my daughters wedding before I knew what a OOT Bag or Swag Bag as just a small token of our appreciation for both sailing and non sailing guests. These are the items we put in them.

Welcome Gift Bags (Say Welcome To Our Wedding on them)

Two Hearts Wedding “Love Notes” Notepads

WEDDING MESSAGE PENS

FACIAL TISSUE PACKS

LOVE BUBBLE MAGNET

MINI CHOCOLATE WEDDING STICKER (For Hershey Hugs and Kisses) The labels read "To Have and To Hold", "Happily Ever After", "Best Wishes", "A Wonderful Day", "Love Is Forever" and "Congratulations"

WEDDING LOTTERY TICKET HOLDER FAVOR (Going to put 2 scratch off tickets in each)

MINIATURE WEDDING CANDY WRAPPERS (Hershey Minitures)

"LOVE" PLAYING CARDS

WEDDING FORTUNE COOKIES (50PC) Also ordered a small take out type box to put 2 cookies in for each guest

TUX & GOWN WEDDING BUTTERMINTS

WEDDING SWIRL POPS (Personilized Free)

PERSONALIZED WEDDING BOTTLE STICKERS (Putting on water bottles and putting 2 per bag) (Personilized Free)

PERSONALIZE WEDDING COOKIE CUTTER W/CARD (Personilized Free)

We got everything at OTC and spent 150.00 24 Bags. Only thing else we are doing is ordering lanyards for each sailing guest. OTC has Plain white ones 10.00 a dz and we are going to write on them the ship name and date.

I just assumed everyone packed things like medications and such, I do know matter where I go so I hope I didn't make a mistake by not including those.

I'm so glad I found this thread. I'm helping a friend with ideas for bags for her son's wedding and all of you have had really great ones!

Sharine and Dana, I've been to your wedding site and it's beautiful! I think it's a great way to keep people up to date and feeling involved and saving you a bunch of time in communicating.

Thanks everyone for the ideas....keep 'em coming!

Thank you!!!

It's a bit wordy to me, but guest sure can't say we've left out any information lol.

We just got the last items for our OOT bags today!