Docking in Oahu Question

Lynda90

No. Not close to beaches. The ships dock near/at Aloha shopping plaza. Lots of office buildings in this area and a pretty large mall nearby (Ala Moana) that is probably a 5 minute taxi ride. You're still about 15 minutes to the beach.

Arlene

I would give Ala Moana mall a bit more than a 5 minute taxi ride. As I recall from my last visit, it was 10-15 minutes by cab, and around $20.00. THE BUS was a lot cheaper ($2.00, if I recall correctly) and about 20-25 minutes. The Waikiki hotels and beaches are another 10 to 15 minutes away, depending on where on the beach you want to visit. The most popular spot (although not the best) is a rather narrow strip just opposite the MARRIOTT hotel, towards the end of Kalakaua Avenue. The nicest spots are around the HILTON (Hawaiian Village); I don't know about access if you are not staying at the hotel. (Hawaiian beaches are supposed to be public access. However, some hotels can limit the ways that you reach the shore.)

It's very easy to get the bus; it stops just up the street from where you will dock. It will take you to Ala Moana Shopping Center where you can transfer to bus to Waikiki. You can walk out to the beach thru any of the hotels.

Archived