Switched sailing - am I still ES??

PA2CRUISE

Sorry, another ES question but I'm hoping you can help me with my rebooked cruise.

When I originally booked my cruise, I was booked under the early saver rate. But prior to final payment, we decided to switch to another sailing and ship so I called and had the $50 pp cancellation fee apply and rebooked on the new ship under the past guest rate since ES was no longer available. My booking # remained the same and I was told by the Carnival rep that I was no longer considered a ES now. So today I check prices and see that my fare is lower so I call in for a fare reduction since I'm still prior to final payment and was told that I need to submit the form because I'm still considered early saver.

Now I'm confused because I thought once I rebooked I was no longer considered ES. I was able to downgrade on the new sailing and when I log in online it tells that I can cancel with $0 penalty. Surely this isn't an indicator of ES right??? I even called another rep and she told me the same. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being ES because surely I want to take advantage of any rate drops even past final payment. I'm just worried about getting my form denied and the rate jumping back up. But I did submit the form anyway.

There are some confusing issues that I see. You said you completely cancelled and booked past guest .... if that was true, then you are now past guest rate.

What is wierd is you say you retained the same booking # ... which indicates you did not completely get cancelled ..... try for the ES price drop. Worst they can say is no.

If you hadnt said somehow they kept the original booking #, the answer would be you are now past guest.

There are some confusing issues that I see. You said you completely cancelled and booked past guest .... if that was true, then you are now past guest rate.

What is wierd is you say you retained the same booking # ... which indicates you did not completely get cancelled ..... try for the ES price drop. Worst they can say is no.

If you hadnt said somehow they kept the original booking #, the answer would be you are now past guest.

Thanks fire. I only mention it because when I called today the rep told me that since I have the same booking #, then I'm still under the same ES standards. I wasn't sure if this was true or not so that's why I mentioned it.

Sorry, another ES question but I'm hoping you can help me with my rebooked cruise.

When I originally booked my cruise, I was booked under the early saver rate. But prior to final payment, we decided to switch to another sailing and ship so I called and had the $50 pp cancellation fee apply and rebooked on the new ship under the past guest rate since ES was no longer available. My booking # remained the same and I was told by the Carnival rep that I was no longer considered a ES now. So today I check prices and see that my fare is lower so I call in for a fare reduction since I'm still prior to final payment and was told that I need to submit the form because I'm still considered early saver.

Now I'm confused because I thought once I rebooked I was no longer considered ES. I was able to downgrade on the new sailing and when I log in online it tells that I can cancel with $0 penalty. Surely this isn't an indicator of ES right??? I even called another rep and she told me the same. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind being ES because surely I want to take advantage of any rate drops even past final payment. I'm just worried about getting my form denied and the rate jumping back up. But I did submit the form anyway.

As long as you are before final payment, you would get the rate reduction on your fare at the past guest rate. Once you make final payment, then the rate reductions will stop. At that time, if your lucky and the rate goes down, you can try to get an upgrade depending on availability but thats not guaranteed. Good Luck

As long as you are before final payment, you would get the rate reduction on your fare at the past guest rate. Once you make final payment, then the rate reductions will stop. At that time, if your lucky and the rate goes down, you can try to get an upgrade depending on availability but thats not guaranteed. Good Luck

If it were me, Id be telling them on the price drop form "once ES always ES, look I still have the same booking # as when I originally booked ES" and push a little bit.

(there is a comments section on the form) and if denied, I would write in the above as a reason and reply to the denial email.

I booked ES, then had to make a change to our sailing date which was $50 per person (total $150). I was reading the boards on CC and went to the fare saver site on Carnival and found that the orignal ES price I paid was now $400 less!

I filled out the price protection form, courtesy of a fellow CC member who provided me with the link (just search price protection form on then Carnival cruise site) and submitted my claim two days ago.

Today, I received an email from Carnival saying that my claim had been approved and that I would receive an onboard $400 credit, which still turns out to be a $300 credit even after having to rebook!

You should definitely try to file with Carnival if you originally booked ES (even after you changed your itinerary) because it can't hurt!

Have a great cruise!

Once ES always ES and yes I've experienced it! Booked ES and had to switch to a different sailing after the ES rates were gone. I was still ES but booked under a past guest rate and yes I did qualify for rate drops. We ended up getting an upgrade and some OBC. I was told over and over that once ES always ES when you cancel and rebook. Otherwise, people could cancel, rebook and lose $50 pp and be able to get the rest of their deposit back by canceling the second booking. ES deposits are nonrefundable so always stay ES bookings. Hope that makes sense!!

Archived