Couples Massage- Coral

Phishinyem

Hi All,

I saw that someone had a question and posted a link about the couples massage at Lotus spa the other day, but it's no longer working. I can't find any info on the couples massage options (What they are, prices, times, etc.). Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

I don't recall the price and I don't have a pricing list handy but when I tour the spa last year on Coral, they showed us the room for couples massage. it was 2 tables side by side and you have your massages with 2 different therapists but happening at the same time. There is also a tub for two that you can use after the massage and the therapists have left you on your own.

This is different than the Rasul treatment that you may have read about. That is also for couples but there is no therapist involved. It's just you and your partner in a room to do what you will to each other ;) Within the room there is a shower for two and steam room and they give you all sorts of scrubs and creams and muds to play with.

I (we) did a couples massage on the Coral Last month. We did it on a port day so the price was just slightly higher that 2 individual massages when not in port. We received a massage for about 40 minutes (we each had our own person) and then they left us in the room for 45 minutes. There was a huge two person bathtub that they had filled for us and a beautiful view out the one way glass. I had preordered a bottle of champagne and after the massage we soaked, drank the champagne, then went out to the locker rooms and showered.

I wish I could remember the exact price, but I felt it was a worthwhile value. It was extremely relaxing, very sensual, yet not sexual (that was later :) ). It was one of the best things we have done for ourselves. It was a very different, yet wonderful, out of the ordinary experience.

I hope this helps.

Also, we would go to the Spa early, on port days, and get special specials depending on what was booked that day etc. There is some room for negotiation depending on how booked they were. Since we would be totally flexible about the time, even missing a dinner for a couples manicure, foot ankle, and calf massage because we got it for about 60% of the regular price.

So talk to the Spa desk and see what you can negotiate. I forget the managers name but she was very flexible. After all, any sales during non booked time is more money for the Spa etc.

They had a special on port days for 61$ you could pick three items, a maicure, shoulder-head massaqge, foot-ankle-calf massage, a men's shampoo and haircut, a womans cut and trim. So get to the Spa early and see whaat you can do.

Enjoy your cruises, the Coral is wonderful. A 10 day cruise is so much better that a 7 day.

It's a very discreet process. the therapist will take you to the room and then allow you private time to undress and position yourself comfortably on the table. you are fully covered except for the part of the body she is working on, so for instance she will uncover one leg at a time, etc.

Thank you so much!! Does anyone know the prices (even estimated?) for single and couples massage? How much does it go down during port days? We are not doing an excursion in colon, so that might be a good day to go!

I just called the Lotus spa (princess connected me) and was quoted for rates on the grand princess but she said they might not be the same for the coral. The couples massage was $276 while in port, and $326 on sea days! way more than I thought it was going to be!!!

I just booked a couples massage on the Caribbean Princess and it is for the first day here is the description

Couples Full Body Lotus Massage | 50 Min

You and your favorite person can enjoy a gorgeously relaxing massage in our suite reserved for couples. Our massage therapist will show you sensuous massage techniques that you can practice on each other at home. Then you will both receive an exquisite full body massage.

this cost $220

Misty

found this today- prices are for the diamond. It was on a review board.. was helpful to me and might be to some of you!

Lotus Spa

The spa on the Diamond is big and fabulous. I’ve never seen a nicer one. There is lots of Asian-style décor, and more types of steam showers and saunas than I’ve ever seen! They also have some hot stone beds (in a curved recliner shape) that you can relax on before a treatment. I heard great things about them.

The only drawback is that the spa is directly below “Center Court”, so you might hear a basketball bouncing the whole time you are doing your relaxing treatment. Very strange. I don’t recall having this problem on other Grand-class cruises, but maybe no one was playing at the time. They certainly had the spa and Center Court in the same place.??!

The Menu of Services:

Ionitherimie Algae Detox – the “lost inches” thing $119

LT Oxygen Lifting Facial – 50 min for $99

Aroma Pure (Seaweed Massage) – 1.5 hour $158 – on float bed $173 – with Spa mini facial $208

Aroma Stone Therapy – 75 min for $175

Asian Lotus Face & Body Experience – 1.75 hours for $215

(this is a reflexology massage, scalp massage, & 45 min facial)

Frangipani Scalp Massage – 20 min for $29

Couples Massage – 50 min $247

Full body Massage – 50 min $99

Deep Tissue Massage – 50 min $104

Reflexology – 50 min $99

Aroma Flex – 50 min $99

Manicure – 45 min $40

Pedicure – 45 min $55

Rasul couples mud and steam treatment - $75

Various prices for hair cut, color, style in the salon. Updos are listed for $30, $35 & $45

Alpha Relaxation Capsule – 25 min $45, 45 min $60

Metabolism test & body fat Composition Analysis - $ 30

Various Cycling, Yoga and Pilates classes - $10 fee

Other stretch and Aerobics classes are free

Personal Training available for a fee

I personally did the Oxygen Lifting Facial on this cruise, as when I am pressed for time or money that’s what I like best. On other ships I’ve raved about the Frangipani Scalp Massage, but didn’t try it on this ship. My friend did and said it was great. My husband and I have tried the “Rasul” couples thing on another ship, and I would say to save your money. There is no need to pay $75 for you to slap gook on each other, sit in a steam room, and shower it off. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone's still wondering- I did go to the spa on the cruise. I got the "Spa taster"- $89 andit's 1/2 hour massage, 1/2 hour facial. It was excellent. Couple's massages were $240 on port days, and I think about 35 dollars more at sea. The people in the spa (especially emilie who did my treatment) were top notch!

Archived