Just off of the Dream 4/9-4/16

millerboy88

Just off of the Dream last week. No long review, but will try to answer any questions anyone may have. Flew into Orlando same day as cruise, used CruiseExpress shuttle service. Wanda was awesome. She had a van and not a bus. Only had 8 people on the wau to the port. Embarkation was a breeze. I am a smuggler, and don't care whether anyone likes it or not...LOL!! Had absolutely no problem bringing alcohol on board. Carried on 2 wine bottles, that I emptied out and filled 1 with rum and the other with Jack Daniels, just used a little food coloring to turn it the color of red wine. Re-sealed and no problem. Carried 12 pack of beer packed in Pepsi carton. They never even checked to see what I had, I just knew they were going to at least look...LOL!! I also put 12 pack of beer packed in pepsi carton in my checked bag, knowing that it may get opened. I had it zip tied, so they could get in it if they wanted. That got to the room with the rest of the luggage at 1:40 p.m. and had never been opened!! WooHoooo I save a bunch of Money!!!!

Ship was great, entertainment was great, food was great. Only problems we had seemed to be at Breakfast in the dining room was a little slow, but no big deal! Our waiters at diner were awesome Lady D and Mario!!! Room Stewart Edwardo was awesome as well. Always kept my collaspable cooler full of beer iced down and ready to go. We did our own thing at the ports and had a ball. Just goofed off at Nassau, went to Secret Harbor in St. Thomas, wow what a nice out of the way place. Had 5 ships in port and there were only about 20 people at Secret Harbor. St Maarten, we went to Le String at Orient Beach, then downtown Phillipsburg for shopping. Debarkation was a breeze. We did Luggage Express and used Wanda for a ride back to the Airport. It literally took us 6 minutes from the time we left our cabin through customs and out of the door of the terminal waitng for Wanda!!

Thanks, we really did enjoy the Dream. Taking advantage of the Early saver plan was awesome as well. We went into the cruise with $260.00 of On-Board credit due to price reductions thoughout the year, (we booked a year ahead). DW went to the spa and ate a chunk of the OBC. LOL!! and we bought a few pics and gifts and alcohol from the ship to bring back home. Only bought 3 drinks while on board. Total Sign & Sail bill for us was only $197.00. WoooHoooo!!! Smuggling was the $$$ saver.:D

Thanks for the info on cruise express... I have been researching and trying to figure out our best option. We fly in the night before, but still have to get to and from the ship. We have a NOON flight home, and the ship's service won't do a return service, so we are on our own for that one! I prefer it anyway, just so not to be crowded and herded. :)

What type of room did you have?

How much did it cost for the shuttle service to and from the airport to the port?? Did you have a early flight back??

The cost for the shuttle to and from was $80.00 total. or $20.00 per person each way. (just DW and I). Can't beat that, plus it was only a few people in a van and not a crowded herd on a bus.

Thanks for the info on cruise express... I have been researching and trying to figure out our best option. We fly in the night before, but still have to get to and from the ship. We have a NOON flight home, and the ship's service won't do a return service, so we are on our own for that one! I prefer it anyway, just so not to be crowded and herded. :)

What type of room did you have?

CruiseExpress is the way to go by far. We could not have been happier with the service. We had a early flight in and out. Had to wait about 2 hours before to left the airport for the cruise, because we got in so early. Had a 12:55 flight back home and was at the airport waiting by 9:30

We had a balcony cabin on Deck 9 (9338) the view was great, only drawback is it was just below the main Lido deck right before entering the Buffet, and we did hear chairs getting moved across the floor often, but late at night it was not much of an issue

Just off of the Dream last week. No long review, but will try to answer any questions anyone may have.

Was going to send you a private message.. but I can't seem to find that option on here.. for you or me..lol.. I thought there were pm's on this site..

Anyway.. I have a few questions that I would rather ask off post.. would you mind shooting me an email? dangerousfem @ gmail.com

Sure, no problem...............

Thanks.. I appreciate it... I emailed you my questions..LOL...

I am beyond excited for this cruise... summer is my favorite season... and I normally want it to go slow... but this year... Sept can't get her fast enough!

Thanks.. I appreciate it... I emailed you my questions..LOL...

I am beyond excited for this cruise... summer is my favorite season... and I normally want it to go slow... but this year... Sept can't get her fast enough!

Ok no problem, hope it helped. Hope you have a great cruise. You will love the Dream

There are re-corkers that you can buy, but I just bought wine that had screw on tops, glued the seal back to the top and put the sleeve back over the top of the bottle. But....like I mentioned earlier, it would have made no difference what I had, I never even got a second look to see what I had in my bag

Archived