Lost Luggage

nervoussue

Any one lost any luggage and did you ever get reimbursed?

I lost a suitcase on an October sailing from Boston to Bermuda on the Majesty. Put a request in for a lost suitcase and they said they can't find a form that was filled out or any information on these piece of luggage containing shoes, jackets and book. This cruise was a cruise from hell, flooded from the week before, a day short and a room change. This was the last week of the Bermuda cruise. The following week it was dry docked. No one found my lugagge. I worked with the front desk every day. They put posters up with a picture of the lost suitcase. Now, they are saying I never filled out a form about the lost suitcase. I was never told I had to..The front desk told me to put in a claim when I got home to see if the suitcase was left in the car or at home. So I wrote to NCL twice and thye told me I could not get any reimbursement but will be happy to give me some special things in my room when I book my next cruise with them. Hell, no. No more NCL.

Has anyone else lost luggage and where you told about a special form that had to be filled out? I would just like to get some money back. All the lost items where new and bought for this cruise..

write a certified letter to Colin Veitch the president and CEO of NCL. Don't call don't email write. Also write a complaint to the Better Business Bureau tell him you reported it and were NOT asked to fill out a complaint form..

here is the address

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

write a certified letter to Colin Veitch the president and CEO of NCL. Don't call don't email write. Also write a complaint to the Better Business Bureau tell him you reported it and were NOT asked to fill out a complaint form..

here is the address

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

NervousSue--yes, do it. It'll make things happen. And at this point, is probably the only thing that will. I'm sorry you had this happen!:(

The airlines, generally I believe keep baggage check records for 12 months and it is linked to your flight coupon numbers. If you went down with X-number of bags and came back with Y-number of bags, that might help. Honestly though, NCL is not trying to take something that is not theirs. Start with a note to NCL, work your way through. Of course, Colin Veitch is quite responsive, but I would start out with their customer satisfaction team on the phone and see what you get there as well.

I have already contacted a Customer Service Rep and she gave me the man in charge of loss luugage. He is a Carl Leon. She told me to fax a description and the value of the lost items. I did that and he said I need the correct form to be sent. Of course, no one told me about the form. I have faxed him two letters since and they will and can't help me without the proper form. I will try the President this week. It doesn't seem fair that I went to the desk every day looking for that suitcase and they never wrote anything down but did have a picture of the suitcase and contents which they put up in the maids room. Our room on the ship was flooded from a storm the week before. A lot of the areas were closed because of the water damage.. Our room was changed and I know the flooded area was piled high with beds, wet rugs, furniture and probably our suitcase. They were all thrown out when we arrived in Boston. Half the 4th Floor was destroyed. I have beem working on this since December and I am really upset. I have cruised three times on this ship within 4 years. I will not go on this line again..

We have had an issue going on with NCL for a few months now also.

After several calls we finally resorted to a certified letter to Mr. Veitch and the Better Business Bureau, just as some has recommended to you. Weeks have passed and still no response! We haven't lost any luggage. We have an issue what what we have been told be several different representative that the managment are now not supporting.

I too hope that you will receive a response from them. I want to believe that they are a reputable company and will be supportive of claims made by former customers, however, I'm starting to have my doubts!

Let us know if you have any success. We'll keep our fingers crossed!

We have had an issue going on with NCL for a few months now also.

After several calls we finally resorted to a certified letter to Mr. Veitch and the Better Business Bureau' date=' just as some has recommended to you. Weeks have passed and still no response! We haven't lost any luggage. We have an issue what what we have been told be several different representative that the managment are now not supporting.

I too hope that you will receive a response from them. I want to believe that they are a reputable company and will be supportive of claims made by former customers, however, I'm starting to have my doubts!

Let us know if you have any success. We'll keep our fingers crossed![/quote']

Good luck to you, also. Hope you get a response soon!

Sue

Did you call the cruise terminal, the have a lost and found storage area. Any luggage not picked-up or found onboard the ship is stored at the facility. The Black Falcon Terminal is owned and operated by the Massport Authority.

Yes, my husband's friend works at the terminal as a longshoreman. He looked looked every day at the Black Falcon for a few weeks. We had a bandana on the handle, two ids and it was unlocked because were were told not to lock the luggage, as they do open them. I guess some crew member needed new shoes, sneakers and jackets!

There was only two suitcases at the lost and found and have been there for a long time!

Will not cruise on NCL again...

Has the letter been sent? I would not let any more time pass. The older this issue becomes, the less likely you are to get an appropriate response.

Did the guest relations staff give you any specific reason why they would not provide you with a refund? (Just the fact that the form was not filled out?) I would not be happy!

Issues like these need to be addressed with someone who will make sure that the correct desisions are made. Unfortunately, it seems some of the decisions being made just do not make good business sense. Good luck!

My experience is that sending a certified letter to Mr. Veitch will not change anything - I did it when I was unsatisfied with my cruise experience on the Dawn (she came in 10 hours late - we sat in the terminal the whole time, and for that, we got a lousy $20 per cabin non-refundable credit), and I got back a letter from customer service basically saying that they are sorry I was dissatisfied with my cruise experience; they hope I will try them again. Well this is one cruiser who will never go with NCL again.

Also, the on-board credit certificates they sometimes give out are a rip-off. If you read the fine print, they are non-refundable, meaning if you don't use them by the end of the cruise, you forfeit the money. They also can not be used to pay for tips or the soon-to-be mandatory "service charge". Pretty much all they can be used for is drinks, dinners at specialty restaurants, and the gift shop, which as we all know is ridiculously overpriced. On my last cruise, I found myself with $150 in on-board credit that I had to burn up on the last day of the cruise, for things which, if I was spending my own money, I probably would not have bought.

My experience is that sending a certified letter to Mr. Veitch will not change anything - I did it when I was unsatisfied with my cruise experience on the Dawn (she came in 10 hours late - we sat in the terminal the whole time' date=' and for that, we got a lousy $20 per cabin non-refundable credit), and I got back a letter from customer service basically saying that they are sorry I was dissatisfied with my cruise experience; they hope I will try them again. Well this is one cruiser who will never go with NCL again.

Also, the on-board credit certificates they sometimes give out are a rip-off. If you read the fine print, they are non-refundable, meaning if you don't use them by the end of the cruise, you forfeit the money. They also can not be used to pay for tips or the soon-to-be mandatory "service charge". Pretty much all they can be used for is drinks, dinners at specialty restaurants, and the gift shop, which as we all know is ridiculously overpriced. On my last cruise, I found myself with $150 in on-board credit that I had to burn up on the last day of the cruise, for things which, if I was spending my own money, I probably would not have bought.[/quote']

Not sure what you expected for the ship being late because of a medical emergency. I hate to say it but if you didn't use up the $20 credit NCL may be better off without you. The passenger any cruise line wants is one they will spend a reasonable amount onboard allowing them to keep base fares low.

I have had excellent results in writing to the chairman keep in mind the follwing from an email I received from him:

"Thanks for your continued support and your reasonable approach to airing

your frustration. The reasonable people are, in the end, more likely to have

a good outcome -- especially if they feel that writing to me should be part

of their approach. I respond to reasonableness!"

My experience is that sending a certified letter to Mr. Veitch will not change anything - I did it when I was unsatisfied with my cruise experience on the Dawn (she came in 10 hours late - we sat in the terminal the whole time' date=' and for that, we got a lousy $20 per cabin non-refundable credit), and I got back a letter from customer service basically saying that they are sorry I was dissatisfied with my cruise experience; they hope I will try them again. Well this is one cruiser who will never go with NCL again.

Also, the on-board credit certificates they sometimes give out are a rip-off. If you read the fine print, they are non-refundable, meaning if you don't use them by the end of the cruise, you forfeit the money. They also can not be used to pay for tips or the soon-to-be mandatory "service charge". Pretty much all they can be used for is drinks, dinners at specialty restaurants, and the gift shop, which as we all know is ridiculously overpriced. On my last cruise, I found myself with $150 in on-board credit that I had to burn up on the last day of the cruise, for things which, if I was spending my own money, I probably would not have bought.[/quote']

i had to laugh after reading that...it's your own fault you didn't use the credit and suddenly "realized" on the last day you had to "burn" 150 dollars. sorry no sympathy here.

a medical emergency caused the ship to be late. things do happen on cruiseships that can cause delays...

NCL is lucky to not have you cruise with them again!

We cruise at least once a year. We had planned a transatlantic cruise this spring but the cost (with the plane fare) was not in our budget! Plus we would have been away almost 5 weeks between the cruise and time to visit with my husbands brother and sister in Italy. So I twisted his arm and got him to fly over alone for a 3 week stay while I hold down the fort here. After 40+ years of marriage and several trips there together, I thought it was time for him to spend some quality time with them...they are all getting up there (he's the baby).

If you think 10 hours in a terminal was bad, you need to hear about his flight over. I'll TRY to be brief. Bad weather in Atlanta made him arrive late and miss his connection to Paris..the last one of the day. He was on his own in Atlanta but after many calls to area hotels he lucked out (?) and found a room (for $120!). Before leaving Gulfport for Atlanta the agent told him that she was assigning him one of the only two seats left on the next nights flight to Paris...and it was first class! He was at least happy about that as we've always flown coach...this would have been a first!! However when he got to the Atlanta airport the next day, he was told that although they could see that someone had tried to assign that seat to him, they failed to somehow finalize it! It was now GONE and that flight was completely booked. They found seat for him on another flight to Parish..coach of course. BUT WAIT..the new flight was cancelled about the time they were to board because of mechanical problems. It took 2 hours to find a replacement and the delay caused him to miss the Paris connection to Genoa. He finally arrived...5 hours late. Well, actually a day and 5 hours late!!

You're probably thinking surely that's the end of this long (but I hope not boring) tale...BUT WAIT! He arrived but his one checked bag did not! They supposedly have located it and have told him it's on it's way. As they say in Italy..mama mia.

When he called after arriving he said that from now on we would drive or sail if we wanted to go anywhere! I'm afraid that he may now have such a fear of airports and planes that he might decide to stay over there. Just kidding!!

As for cruising again, we plan to be on the Sun out of NO this December and are really looking forward to that.

i had to laugh after reading that...it's your own fault you didn't use the credit and suddenly "realized" on the last day you had to "burn" 150 dollars. sorry no sympathy here.

a medical emergency caused the ship to be late. things do happen on cruiseships that can cause delays...

NCL is lucky to not have you cruise with them again!

I had planned on using the 150 dollars to pay for the automatic tips. It wasn't until I got my statement the last day that I found out it couldn't be used to pay for tips.

I am not looking for nor do I need your sympathy. What many people (including you, apparently) don't seem to realize is that feedback to a cruiseline, be it negative or positive, determines to a large part the way the cruiseline handles inconveniences such as those we experienced on the 10/24 cruise. If no one complained, the cruiseline might investigate cutting back even further in their compensation to passengers, thus increasing their bottom line even more.

Just remember the old adage "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". I would venture to say that if you were on the 10/24 cruise, and you found out that my complaining had gotten me a substantial refund because of the inconvenience, you'd be one of the first in line to say "Hey, what about me?"

Yes, NCL is lucky not to have me cruise with them again. They would rather have a ship full of people who are willing to accept anything (or even nothing) as compensation for a good cruise gone bad.

""""Pretty much all they can be used for is drinks, dinners at specialty restaurants, and the gift shop, which as we all know is ridiculously overpriced""""

is that all,how dare they...150.00 sounds like alot of fun to me:D

why should NCL pay for your tips????that would be the last place id even think of spending my free OBC....:confused: why not move on,all you do is complain,complain and complain some more...(past threads)

ill leave it at that.

ps,good luck on your quest to always try and beat the system.

I had planned on using the 150 dollars to pay for the automatic tips. It wasn't until I got my statement the last day that I found out it couldn't be used to pay for tips.

I am not looking for nor do I need your sympathy. What many people (including you' date=' apparently) don't seem to realize is that feedback to a cruiseline, be it negative or positive, determines to a large part the way the cruiseline handles inconveniences such as those we experienced on the 10/24 cruise. If no one complained, the cruiseline might investigate cutting back even further in their compensation to passengers, thus increasing their bottom line even more.

Just remember the old adage "The squeaky wheel gets the grease". I would venture to say that if you were on the 10/24 cruise, and you found out that my complaining had gotten me a substantial refund because of the inconvenience, you'd be one of the first in line to say "Hey, what about me?"

Yes, NCL is lucky not to have me cruise with them again. They would rather have a ship full of people who are willing to accept anything (or even nothing) as compensation for a good cruise gone bad.[/quote']

when i see people like you who seem to be constant complainers, I don't follow and do the same thing actually. I enjoy myself (in this case my vacation) without having the need to milk the system. I pity the staff of the next ship you're on..good luck to them.

once again, it's time to get over it and move on with your life.

Archived