Sanctuary on Ruby - how to reserve

ja940

We want to reserve chairs in the sanctuary on the Ruby. Where do you do this? Can you reserve the particular chairs that you will have for the whole cruise? What is the earliest time on departure day they will reserve?

On the Ruby last week, DW and I reserved two chairs/loungers for the week.

Here is how we did it:

Sunday before we went to our cabin, we went to the Sanctuary to reserve our chairs. Glad we did it as they are only allowed to take weekly reservations on a max of 50% of the available chairs / loungers. The cost was $ 105 per chair ($210 for both of us for the week).

On sea days, the staff told us the lines began forming around 0630 each time to get daily reservations. The reservation desk opened up at 0715 each day.

The Sanctuary was open from 0800-1730 each day and then open from 1800-2030 one evening.

Hope this helps.

On the Ruby last week, DW and I reserved two chairs/loungers for the week.

Here is how we did it:

Sunday before we went to our cabin, we went to the Sanctuary to reserve our chairs. Glad we did it as they are only allowed to take weekly reservations on a max of 50% of the available chairs / loungers. The cost was $ 105 per chair ($210 for both of us for the week).

On sea days, the staff told us the lines began forming around 0630 each time to get daily reservations. The reservation desk opened up at 0715 each day.

The Sanctuary was open from 0800-1730 each day and then open from 1800-2030 one evening.

Hope this helps.

Question for you D G. Were there a lot of folks signing up when you got there right after boarding? I assume you were on pretty early. I've heard it "sells out" pretty quick sometimes.

We went to the Sanctuary to "pick our chairs" as soon as we could. It was before 1 PM but probably closer to 12:30. Beware, almost all of the loungers under cover by the windows were gone by then. That did not bother us as we wanted chairs / loungers in the center anyway. As they would only take weekly reservations on a max of 50% of the available chairs / loungers, they were approaching the limit by the time we were finished.

Archived