Freedom: laundromat, fridge, bathrobes

carol louise

We are sailing on Carnival Freedom next month and have three questions (for now, at least):

1) According to a travel agency website I consulted, the Freedom has a self-service laundry. Can any of you past passengers confirm that?

2) Is there a fridge in every cabin (we are in a premium balcony)?

3) Are there bathrobes in all categories of cabins?

Thanks for your assistance, and happy cruising to all.

Yes, to all 3 of your questions. We just finished our cruise of the Western Caribbean on the Freedom, Sunday. We had an interior cabin with a frig and bathrobes. I did see the self service laundry but did not use it. We were a group of 11 and all had a fabulous time. If you're considering an excursion in Costa Rica, I highly recommend Okey Dokey Tours owned by Charlie Soto. The price was fair and the service he provided was exceptional. Seven of us had a van to ourselves. Charlie came along as our guide. At the end of our tour, he even stopped at a super market so that we could buy Costa Rican coffee. It was a fun excursion!

The fridges are small, think dorm-room fridges. And they only keep stuff cool, not cold.

There should be 2 robes in the closet to use during your cruise. But not to keep:D

There should be a laundrette on every floor. You can refer to this interact map for exact locations. Note: the page takes a second to load:

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/interactive_map/freedom/interactivemap.html

Yes, to all 3 of your questions. We just finished our cruise of the Western Caribbean on the Freedom, Sunday. We had an interior cabin with a frig and bathrobes. I did see the self service laundry but did not use it. We were a group of 11 and all had a fabulous time. If you're considering an excursion in Costa Rica, I highly recommend Okey Dokey Tours owned by Charlie Soto. The price was fair and the service he provided was exceptional. Seven of us had a van to ourselves. Charlie came along as our guide. At the end of our tour, he even stopped at a super market so that we could buy Costa Rican coffee. It was a fun excursion!

I'm assuming we were on the same cruise.:) We too, booked through Okey Dokey Tours and had Carlos as our guide. Like you, we highly recommend them.

The fridges are small, think dorm-room fridges. And they only keep stuff cool, not cold.

There should be 2 robes in the closet to use during your cruise. But not to keep:D

There should be a laundrette on every floor. You can refer to this interact map for exact locations. Note: the page takes a second to load:

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/interactive_map/freedom/interactivemap.html

TIP: the laundry costs about $3/wash and something around that for a dryer. Go somewhere before you leave and buy single-load travel sizes of detergent, bleach, and fabric softener - I've found them for less than a buck each, they come in those little foil envelopes that you tear open and squeeze. Good way to save a little $, maybe enough for a DOD if you have that much laundry. :)

TIP: the laundry costs about $3/wash and something around that for a dryer. Go somewhere before you leave and buy single-load travel sizes of detergent, bleach, and fabric softener - I've found them for less than a buck each, they come in those little foil envelopes that you tear open and squeeze. Good way to save a little $, maybe enough for a DOD if you have that much laundry. :)

I took a few Purex 3 In 1's. I loved the smell but for me personally, my clothes still felt a little crunchy. And my clothes needed 2 cycles in the dryers on Legend. So 2 loads of laundry ended up costing me 18 bucks!!!:eek: Also remember to go down to guest services before you hit the laundry so you can get a roll or two of quarters.

I had asked this question before and some very nice CC'er posted this for me.

This lists the exact locations of the launderettes on Freedom.

Name: Launderettes

Location: Riviera Deck 1 - midship / across from 1357 and 1359

Main Deck 2 - midship / across from 2365 and 2367

Upper Deck 6 - midship / across from 6385 and 6387

Empress Deck 7 - midship / across from 7337 and 7339

Verandah Deck 8 - midship / across from 8349 and 8351

Lido Deck 9 - midship / across from 9268 and 9270

Hours: hours posted on the door to the Laundry

Function: Self-Service Launderette

2 or 3 washers

2 or 3 dryers

1 iron and ironing board

Vending machines dispense small boxes of detergent and water softener

Are the fridges stocked with the mini-bar stuff or are they empty? (I'd rather they be empty - never buy the mini-bar stuff and always worry about getting billed for it in error if we move it out.)

Are the fridges stocked with the mini-bar stuff or are they empty? (I'd rather they be empty - never buy the mini-bar stuff and always worry about getting billed for it in error if we move it out.)

There are usually mini-bar items in there. Just ask your steward to remove them and he will.:)

Archived