Epic review eastern carib. april 9th

anything

Now this is just my experience and how much i liked it. This review is also posted under cruise reviews. I also jumped around a bit with my review. Any questions Id be happy to answer.

Just so you all know this was our first cruise. My wife (31) and I (33) sailed on the Epic last week for our 2 year anniversary and it was absolutely amazing. We were in cabin 8184 which had a life boat right in our view of the ocean straight down and i thought it would bother me and it did no such thing. From the minute we walked on everyone made us feel at home from friendly smiles to catering to our every need or want. Our cabin steward was great, anything we asked for was promptly brought without hesitation. Ive read a lot of reviews on here that made me second think if we really wanted to take this cruise or not and let me just say i am so glad i didn't listen to all the negatives that people had wrote. As far as nickle and diming us to death, I never once felt that way. The way I felt about everyone trying to sell me something was that they were taking care of me and if I didn't want anything then guess what...a simple "no thank you" and they were gone. As far as food we had some amazing food and some not so good food and as far as that goes i have been to some amazing restaurants at home and some not so good and not everyone likes everything. With that being said we did do specialty restaurants 4 nights: Cagneys, Le Bistro, Moderno and Tepenyaki. Cagneys and Le Bistro were among my favorites. From room service most mornings, buffet some mornings and most lunches, and main dining room, I had a little of everything. Drinks were priced just right from 5 to 12 dollars and being from NYC this is what we pay at home so I think they hit it right on the nose as far as prices go for drinks, I bought a soda package and not once did I feel like anyone ever didn't want to fill it for me or felt like they were being put out as some reviews have said. Service in my eyes was some of the best I have seen. I never wanted for anything. My drink glass was always full and my ice bucket when drinking beer was always filled with ice without ever asking including more limes if I wanted. Ok I know I'm rambling so back to everything else. Shows were amazing. Blue Man Group was a favorite. We did murder mystery lunch and the cirque dinner which were both great as well. Our room steward, Melanie, we loved her. She found a charm that my wife had misplaced the night before in the room. Getting on and off the boat was always easy and no wait except the 20 minutes we waited to get on the first day and that was because we had arrived early lol. So all in all such a perfect vacation that I am already looking at my next cruise with NCL and I think this is where we will stay. Anybody who has an issue with service is obviously just looking for something to complain about or just has there nose in the air or maybe, just maybe, they might have caught somebody on a bad day. After all, working 16 hours a day isn't easy. I would recommend this cruise to anyone looking to have a good time on a cruise. One last thing to comment on is the bathroom style, we loved it, no problems whatsoever from toilet to shower to sink it all worked out perfect.

I just booked the Epic for December sailing the Eastern Caribbean, a few questions if you dont mind.

Does it cost extra to go to Blue Man Group, Cirque and Second City? Can you make reservations before getting on the ship.

Also for the other shows, do you need to get tickets for those?

For the Specialty resturants, what is the price? and can you make reservations before getting on the ship?

How are the chair hogs near the pool? I will be traveling with my 18 and 22 year olds and they will want to be by the pool, just wondering if it is a fight to get a seat.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your knowledge on the Epic!!

I just booked the Epic for December sailing the Eastern Caribbean, a few questions if you dont mind.

Does it cost extra to go to Blue Man Group, Cirque and Second City? Can you make reservations before getting on the ship.

Also for the other shows, do you need to get tickets for those?

For the Specialty resturants, what is the price? and can you make reservations before getting on the ship?

How are the chair hogs near the pool? I will be traveling with my 18 and 22 year olds and they will want to be by the pool, just wondering if it is a fight to get a seat.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your knowledge on the Epic!!

Blue man is free, cirque is 20 for regular and 30 for priority seating which means only that you would be closer to the show and in my opinion regular is better, second city is free, legends is free. you can make all your reservations 45 days out on the site.

specialty restaurants are from 10 to 25 depending on which one la cucina being the cheapest but i didnt even get to it :(

As far as chair hogs, i had no problem finding a chair in the sun you just have to walk around sometimes till you find one but most of the time pretty fast and im a smoker so i really just looked where i can smoke.

being that this was our first time on any of these islands we walked, shopped and went to the beach on all 3, nassau to us being the best, st maartin in second and then st thomas but all were fantastic, beaches were nicer in st maartin but i heard that atlantis/ paradise island beaches were really nice too just didnt go, not enough time

Archived