Host Andy--Repeat PAX

geocruiser

Hi Andy,

While we were on our 2/27/11 Journey cruise we were told the percentage of repeat PAX that were on our cruise. I believe it was 28% (maybe 23%). I was wondering if they told you how many were repeat Caribbean cruise PAX? Do you recall the right % of repeat PAX?

I would like to know if most of the repeat PAX had done the Caribbean cruise before.

Take care,

Maria

Hi Andy,

While we were on our 2/27/11 Journey cruise we were told the percentage of repeat PAX that were on our cruise. I believe it was 28% (maybe 23%). I was wondering if they told you how many were repeat Caribbean cruise PAX? Do you recall the right % of repeat PAX?

I would like to know if most of the repeat PAX had done the Caribbean cruise before.

Take care,

Maria

Hi Maria !

How are you ? I hope all is well !

That I recall, the figure quoted was 28% repeat Azamara Guests. I do not believe that figure was those who sailed the itinerary previously.

I hope this helps.

Andy,

I was wondering if a large % of the repeat PAX on that cruise have sailed the Caribbean route with Azamara before. This figure would show if the Caribbean sailing were drawing back PAX. And if not sailing from Florida any more, Azamara might lose these PAX who only sail that route. I don't know if I am saying this right?

Maria

Andy,

I was wondering if a large % of the repeat PAX on that cruise have sailed the Caribbean route with Azamara before. This figure would show if the Caribbean sailing were drawing back PAX. And if not sailing from Florida any more, Azamara might lose these PAX who only sail that route. I don't know if I am saying this right?

Maria

Hi Maria !

I understand what you are saying. I feel a larger percentage Azamara's past Caribbean guests will probably not sail with them again, unless they offer Caribbean options. To make matters worse, they may wind up sailing with their competition. In one of my earlier posts, I mentioned that Azamara spent 4 years building up this client base, and are pretty much walking away from it. To allow their guests to sail with the competition, and attempt to build in a weaker homeport like San Juan, is a curious decision. I think they may do ok in South America, but even that is an unknown.

I realize an entire season of 12 night Caribbean sailings may not be the best option, but as I suggested on this thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28808672&postcount=217 , they have many other options.

It makes very little sense to me, but I hope it works out for Azamara.

Archived