Shore Excursion help

Lynnster

Has anyone gone with Island Marketing LTD site and done the Garifuna, Mangrove Tunnel & Iguana Farm Island Tour? I need feedback please. Anything or advice would be helpful. I never have done a shore excursion without doing one from the cruise ships offers. I want to try it but am thinking safety first. Please help. Thanks in advance.

I hear you. I was nervous to do an excursion w/o the ship, but we did it in Roatan and it was the best part of our entire trip! We went with Upachaya and did the snorkel and kayak tour. We went through the mangroves, which was so beautiful and then kayaked out to the reef where we snorkeled. It was amazing--we saw sea stars, tons of fish, a very beautiful and colorful reef. The hosts were amazing; they're from Seattle, WA. Our guide was so great; he was a local and knew so much about the area: http://www.upachaya.com/. Enjoy!

:)My husband and I booked a tour in Roatan, Honduras, with Victor Bodden Tours in April 2011. Anthony Hamilton was our driver. Cost for the driver / van was $40 pp. We opted for the zip line and monkey tour (additional cost) ... owned by Victor Bodden. All the staff, especially Anthony, were highly professional, seemed to enjoy their work, and very helpful and caring. Anthony then took us to a private beach ($10 per person) and spoke with one of the service staff to ensure we were 'looked after' during our short beach stay. Anthony was attentive, kept our purchases with him, made efforts to get the van cooled off in anticipation of our next move, and overall made it an excellent experience. Anthony was particularly attentive to ensure we returned to the cruise dock on time, stating his boss (Victor Bodden) emphasized that his drivers always pay attention to that detail. Anthony made certain I had time for a "power stop" at the Cameo factory...which if you appreciate cameos is highly recommended due to the artistry of the proprietor, who is originally from Italy (a country known for its cameo production). If we have an opportunity to return to Roatan, you can be sure we will book through Bodden Tours and ask for Anthony. We recommend you do the same.

Archived