Transferring Passages booking to new TA

John73

Hi All,

I've come to be a bit unsatisfied with my current TA that I was using to book my cruises. I want to move to a new TA that I have a better feeling about. The catch is that I currently have a cruise booked with my 'old' TA on a Celebrity Passages certificate. I want to transfer that certificate to my new TA on a different booking. Any ideas on how I can accomplish that? Is there a transfer form for Passages Credits?

If you already have a reservation for the "new" cruise it is impossible to apply an already existing passages credit. Trust me I have tried it - you must convert the passages to a new booking. Major headache......

HOWEVER

If it is going to be for a new booking, I think if you explain that you want to change agents that your agent will comply. I have had this happen to me - you will have at least 1 customer who wants to be done with you in 35 years of operation....

Frame it as "you have lost this customer, but I can speak highly of you to others if you work with me"

?

jack

Hi All,

I've come to be a bit unsatisfied with my current TA that I was using to book my cruises. I want to move to a new TA that I have a better feeling about. The catch is that I currently have a cruise booked with my 'old' TA on a Celebrity Passages certificate. I want to transfer that certificate to my new TA on a different booking. Any ideas on how I can accomplish that? Is there a transfer form for Passages Credits?

You must get the TA that is holding your certificate to send/fax you something on THEIR letterhead, releasing the booking. Then you need to get get the new TA to write some on their letterhead saying they are accepting the Passages booking number and then you have to fax them into Celebrity. Someone at Customer Service can help you with the correct fax number.

It is a little awkward to have this done, but I have done it several times and it is easy. The BEST thing to say is that you are joining a "GROUP" and that you want to reserve under a group with your friends/family. That will stop them right there... since they cannot do anything to put you into the group you are talking about. Once you fax this into Celebrity, it usually only takes 24/48 hours to have it done.

I am NEVER having this applied to a TA ever again! I will book onboard and make sure it's under Celebrity. They don't care about releasing the booking and it makes it real easy.

Good luck... but tell them you are joining a group of friends and they won't give you much trouble.

Thanks for the info. Shortly after I posted I got a message from the new TA with similar information and stating that they'd find the form for me on Sunday (and they even offered to fill it all out for me if it'd help!). They've put a cabin on hold for me but not booked the cruise yet.

I would agree with Hyla's Girl that it is better to purchase your passages certificate under Celebrity rather than a TA. Celebrity assigned my passages to the wrong TA (one I had never used) yet I was the one who had to make the calls to straighten it out. Fortunately the TA was accommodating.

I would agree with Hyla's Girl that it is better to purchase your passages certificate under Celebrity rather than a TA. Celebrity assigned my passages to the wrong TA (one I had never used) yet I was the one who had to make the calls to straighten it out. Fortunately the TA was accommodating.

This is a VERY frustrating situation and something that I find hard to believe you have no recourse to do anything about... I found a great deal once on an internet site where you have people bid for the cruise you want.... anyway, when booking a Passages certificate onboard I was VERY specific that I did NOT want it going to the TA listed on my booking because I had no idea who they were. Oh yeah... no worries... in the end, ended up with this TA and it took a LONG time to get it moved. This last time I said I had a group I wanted to join, and no questions were asked. I just believe that Celebrity (or RCCL) should help you out more than you do.

Archived