Quality Inn & Suites Galveston

truchattycathy

I got a great deal on this hotel also. I couldn't believe it after I read the reviews. It appears that if you book way ahead the prices are very low. If you wait to book they go way up. I checked for a date in July and they were $249.00. So it is not always low. It can be very expensive. I am just glad I found it. I was so excited. I thought we were going to have to stay outside of Galveston.

We stayed there last time outta Galveston and we thought it was fine. Cabs were sitting outside the next morning waiting for the cruise folks. We parked car by a light in parking lot and felt very comfortable leaving it there. Actually when we were there the parking lot was very well lit. Go for it!!

Have a great cruise!

Kat

Does anyone know if Quality Inn has a shuttle to the cruise port? I thought I read that it did somewhere on this board but I cannot find it!

I don't see anything online about the Quality Inn having a shuttle. The Comfort Inn advertises a shuttle (it's not on the Seawall).

However, the island isn't that big. It's about 4 miles from the Seawall to the port. Cabs are plentiful when the ships are in port, so the trip can't be that expensive.

These are the cab services on the island if you want to give them a call:

Busy Bee

(409)762-8429

Jeff's Cabs & Shuttle Service

(409)621-5222

Tropical Taxi

(409)621-4000

Yellow Cab Company

(409)763-3333

• 4 weeks later...

The Quality Inn & Suites on the Seawall doesn't have a shuttle. We checked it out in person because our group booked there for our Halloween cruise. The hotel is much nicer than the low rates would suggest, the rooms we saw are standard size and very clean, and the parking lot looks safe & well-lit. The lobby is very nice, and it looks like there's ample room for breakfast.

The manager told us that room rates go up the higher up you go in the hotel, and that the corner rooms (bigger balconies, best views) facing the beach are also premium-priced.

Hope this helps someone...

Archived