Beach excursions with a 21 month old.

cantwaitforoasis

:)Hi. We are going on the Eastern Caribbean cruise w/ NCL and i want to do the Jost Van Dyke excursion with our then 21 month old. I've done it last year w/ my DH. It was a gorgeous beach and very calm. The only thing is that you have to swim from their boat to the shore. I will buy a baby float with shade and we'll drift the baby to shore as we swim. My question is for the baby's stuff, diapers/wipes/food/etc., will we need a waterproof bag?

Probably so since it would be hard to keep it out of the water. Also, if NCL's excursion description doesnt have an age restriction, then it would be fine to bring the baby right? As for the other ports we are picking beach days. Do you just leave your stuff on the beach and hope nobody takes it? We would be going to Magens Bay Beach, Blue Lagoon Island, and in Samana, the small island. Thanks! Any other advice would be helpful

Can't help with the excursion/baby thing....yes...a waterproof something seems needed!

As far as your stuff goes....it's not like you'll be far from your things....most beaches are so narrow, that you can easily keep your eye on your stuff while getting wet. Certainly, you both won't be snorkeling or anything like that with a baby...so I wouldn't worry about taking a dip and leaving your stuff within eyesight. Just don't bring expensive electronics...that's what folks want...not your disposable camera or tee shirt or flip-flops!

Hubby can put your credit card/ship key in a velcro pocket in his swim trunks...they're plastic...water won't hurt them! (Water won't hurt cash, either!!!)

Okay, you may think we're nuts, but when we brought our granddaughter with us, we packed her stuff in a very small plastic igloo chest. (I'd say it was about the size of a 6 pack. I had her diapers in a large ziplock inside it just in case.) We just floated it beside us walking from the boat to shore.

Archived