Honeymoon and First Time cruise - Tips?

Do not book Shaw Park Beach excursion. I can't believe Royal Caribbean still offers it. It's an ugly beach in a bad area. I think since the new port of Falmouth is close to Montego Bay, I'd go there instead of Ocho Rios. Ocho Rios isn't that pretty in my opinion. I know what you mean about spending more time on board, would be nice but for me it's hard not to get off the ship. I feel like I'm missing something. You are going to be completely amazed with that ship. It left us awestruck. I agree with a previous poster who said that they enjoyed sitting in Central Park at night. Very relaxing. I read several posts on here warning not to go to the Windjammer Buffet because of over crowding. They were right. It was way too busy. Cafe on the Park was my favorite for build your own salads and also the Adult Solarium buffet for breakfast and lunch. The Solariums food was all healthy and low fat. They charge a fee for dinner there however. We ate at that 150 Park Central Park one night. It was very enjoyable but I found that the main dining room was almost as nice. For breakfast we ate in the main dining room a few times. They had a nice buffet set up in there and it wasn't crowded at all. You can get in and out quickly if you need to and it's so much nicer in there than the Windjammer where it's hard to find a seat most of the time.

Make sure your agent tells RCCL it is your honeymoon. They have a party for you with champange cake ect. You get to meet other couple who like yourself are on their honeymoons. Great chance for pic with Captain (he usually attends but may not).

I am on the May 15th for my honeymoon. We didn't book with a TA -- should I just call RCCL myself? Is there another way to do this? Thanks -- just curious!

I am on the May 15th for my honeymoon. We didn't book with a TA -- should I just call RCCL myself? Is there another way to do this? Thanks -- just curious!

I thought there was a place on the RCL website to enter it - under something called "celebrations" or something like that!!!

Another question we had is about the water package. I drink water like its going out of style - I can drink 2 gallons a day pretty easily. That being said - I am very very used to filling a water bottle at a water fountain throughout the day. So we are trying to figure out if that is a possibilty on the cruise? If we do a water package that has 8 bottles of water or whatever the smallest amount is - are there places on the boat to re-fill them so we don't spend a small fortune on water? We are getting the soda package just because she loves diet coke - but how would the water work? Are there places around Deck 7 where we could re-fill the bottles and then just leave them in fridge for when we needed them????

Thanks to all who have been replying - we are going to literally print this thread out before we leave for cruise so we can remember everything - haha

That is really good advice re: Nalgene bottles - we will have a couple of those with us for sure!! Is there a mini-fridge in the room at all? Anyone else with any advice on the water package? Is it worth it?

Were on the Allure June 5th. We're not new to cruising, but are RCI newbies. Here s the notes I've gathered from the Boards about Allure. I hope this helps you! (Thanks to all the original authors too).

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=28980607&postcount=5

WOW!!! Seriously - wow - that was entirely amazing. I honestly STILL haven't read the whole thing and started this morning - keep getting interupted - haha.

Two things that have come out of that reading so far. We understand that sail away is awesome - is that something we can watch from our balcony (on port side and I know from reading that list that it normally docks on starboard side). I think it will be fun to see the folks on their balconies and all of that - but would love to spend all our time pre-sail touring the ship and that kind of thing as opposed to staking out a great place to watch the boat leave.

Second thing is I see that we can get luggage tags sent to us pre-cruise. What are they and should I get them pre-cruise?

At some point you guys will stop answering my questions but going to keep asking until that happens - haha

Archived