Point Blanche Bay Beach

Rysyonok

Has anyone been to Point Blanche Bay Beach near the cruise terminal? Is it safe / easy to get to?

Thank you.

It is a deserted beach on the Atlantic side of the island near the cruise pier. I have seen pictures and with all of the wonderful beaches on the island I have never had any desire to go to this one. I never recall reading a review of this beach on this board either. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

I thought that I had a personal photo of Point Blanche Beach, but can't find it now.

I can present a view from Google Earth, though.

th_PointBlancheBeach.jpg

(click)

We have friends that live just above the beach, and have been over there several times. It's a tiny beach, exposed, as karysa mentions, to the full force of the open Atlantic, and has been very rough each time we've peeked. It's in a residential neighborhood, down a relatively steep path from the closest road, and has no services. I've never heard of problems on the beach, so I'll assume it's safe, but for the record, it's just down the hill from the island's prison.

gary

• 1 month later...

Archived