We want to do something special for 3 yr anniversary..will this work?

abisha

DH and I are celebrating our 3 year anniversary while on the Destiny in August. We are travelling with my twins (from first marriage..age 17). We wanted to have a dinner just for the two of us, but the Destiny does not have a Steakhouse or other dining venue where the two of us could go off and have a nice quiet dinner. Sooooo... here's my suggestion: Our TA asked me not only what sitting for dinner we want, but also if we wanted to sit alone..just the four of us...or with others. So, I specified having a table for just the four of us. Well, I've heard of tables for two, but not for four. Is the TA correct with that info? If so, the kids will have no problem eating at the buffet while we have a dinner alone..and problem solved. But, if there's no such thing as a table for four and we end up at a table with others, do you think we could ask for a table for two on one of the nights so we could have our anniversary dinner alone?

We also thought about doing room service in our cabin, etc. But I don't know what they offer for dinner for room service and heard it was very limited. Does anyone have a room service menu for dinner time.

I'm open for suggestions if the "table for two" idea doesn't work.

I haven't been on Destiny but on all the other Carnival ship's I've been on, the MDR have booths (for 4).

You could also switch from traditional dining (either early or late seating) to anytime dining (if it's still available). This will usually assure that you can have a table for 2 or 4 as you won't be assigned the same table every night (for anytime dining). This way, you can get a 4-top all week, but on your special day, just the 2 of you could go and get a 2-top.

DH and I are celebrating our 3 year anniversary while on the Destiny in August. We are travelling with my twins (from first marriage..age 17). We wanted to have a dinner just for the two of us, but the Destiny does not have a Steakhouse or other dining venue where the two of us could go off and have a nice quiet dinner. Sooooo... here's my suggestion: Our TA asked me not only what sitting for dinner we want, but also if we wanted to sit alone..just the four of us...or with others. So, I specified having a table for just the four of us. Well, I've heard of tables for two, but not for four. Is the TA correct with that info? If so, the kids will have no problem eating at the buffet while we have a dinner alone..and problem solved. But, if there's no such thing as a table for four and we end up at a table with others, do you think we could ask for a table for two on one of the nights so we could have our anniversary dinner alone?

We also thought about doing room service in our cabin, etc. But I don't know what they offer for dinner for room service and heard it was very limited. Does anyone have a room service menu for dinner time.

I'm sorry to tell you but there is no means of reserving a table size either with a travel agent or booking directly with Carnival...

How do I request a table for two? At this time our reservation system is not designed to take table size request. Please note that all dining assignments are processed by the Maitre’d prior to embarkation. While they will try their best to accommodate any special requests made on board, this cannot be guaranteed.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=dining+reservations

As was mentioned in the above citation, once on board you can visit with the Maitre d' and ask to be assigned to a table for two. He/she may or may not be able to accommodate your request.

As an alternative, you might consider Your Time Dining which will allow you to eat at a time of your choosing and requests for a table for two are almost always granted. Check with your TA...

:)

Thanks ..I didn't think you could have the option of having family of four dining alone at a regular seating time, so I'm really glad I brought it up here on the boards. I think I'm going to stick with our late seating time and on the first night, check w/the maitre d to see if there might be any tables for two on any other nights (we just need one night). If not, we'll come up with a plan B.

Thanks ..I didn't think you could have the option of having family of four dining alone at a regular seating time, so I'm really glad I brought it up here on the boards. I think I'm going to stick with our late seating time and on the first night, check w/the maitre d to see if there might be any tables for two on any other nights (we just need one night). If not, we'll come up with a plan B.

Visit with the Maitre d' upon embarkation. A time and location to meet with him/her will be designated, normally around 1 or 1:30 PM. The information will be in the Fun Times that you'll be able to pick up at the Guest Services Desk or pretty much any bar on board...

Best of luck!

:)

You cant change tables from night to night. If you ask for a table for 2, thats what you get the whole cruise.

Plan B time.

Since you are going to stay traditional seating, then just make sure you have a 4-top for your family. Then on your special night, send the teens to chow on their own at the buffet.

Yup..good plan..that's what we'll do. If the Destiny does indeed have the booth for four, then hopefully we'll end up there and our plan will work. If they end up putting us at a larger table with others (which we also have no problem with), then we'll just need to come up with another alternative to do something special for our anniversary.

Yup..good plan..that's what we'll do. If the Destiny does indeed have the booth for four, then hopefully we'll end up there and our plan will work. If they end up putting us at a larger table with others (which we also have no problem with), then we'll just need to come up with another alternative to do something special for our anniversary.

On your embark day, one of the first things you should do is walk over to the dining room. Your S&S card will have your table number on it. Go in there and find the table. If it's a 4 top then you're all set. If it's a larger table, then wait (per time listed in Fun Times as Mach said) and get in line at the MDR to speak with the Maitre'd. All ships have this special block of time for you to "try" to change your assignment. Tell him your family is at a large table and ask politely if there's anyway you can get changed to a 4 top. In "most" situations, the Maitre'd will do his best to accomodate you.

Definitely don't have "room service" as your plan B.

Room service is PBJ and Grilled Cheese sandwiches, chocolate cake, snack foods and h'ordeuveres.

Plus there is no place in your cabin for a table for two. (or on a standard balcony.)

Room service is for nights you ate too early and need a late night snack before bed. (or for a light bagel, coffee breakfast before heading to the buffett or dining room.)

Best suggestion is to get Your Time Dining and eat at a table for two whatever nights you prefer and at a table for four whichever nights the kids want to join you. (honestly, when I was that age, I would take the buffett or pizza or deli, every night over the dining room.)

Bill

Since you are going to stay traditional seating, then just make sure you have a 4-top for your family. Then on your special night, send the teens to chow on their own at the buffet.

+1 to what she said.

And, yes, there are multiple tables/booths for four onboard Carnival Destiny.

Enjoy your cruise!! :)

On your embark day, one of the first things you should do is walk over to the dining room. Your S&S card will have your table number on it. Go in there and find the table. If it's a 4 top then you're all set. If it's a larger table, then wait (per time listed in Fun Times as Mach said) and get in line at the MDR to speak with the Maitre'd. All ships have this special block of time for you to "try" to change your assignment. Tell him your family is at a large table and ask politely if there's anyway you can get changed to a 4 top. In "most" situations, the Maitre'd will do his best to accomodate you.

Becca's advise is the best option & will likely get you what you want. But in all honesty, whenever I've cruised my family of 4, I've always gotten a table for 4. One time we only had our son with us so it was 3 of us seated with another family of 3. But when we had all 4 of us, we have not been seated with others. Those were booked thru a TA. I'm sure Host Mach is right and it could be a coincidence but??????

We always travel with 4 people and ALWAYS got the booth. As pp said, you're assigned your table number at check-in and the sooner you speak to the MD, you might just get lucky. I would go with the YTD, if that's available with your ship.

I've got a great idea... Since you'll be on the same cruise as us, on the night of your Anniversary send the 2 kids over to our kids table and they can eat with us!!! We'll have a table for 10 (if the Destiny has one) and only the first night will there be 10 at the table. After that, my sister feeds her twins early on the Lido Deck and then puts them in camp while we eat dinner so there will be 2 extra seats!!!!

Your 17 year old boy/girl will get to eat with girls: ages 16, 17, 20 and 20 and boys: ages 13, 16, 17, 20... How does that sound???? lol

Of course, definitely go to the Maitre'd the first day and request that table for 4....

I've got a great idea... Since you'll be on the same cruise as us, on the night of your Anniversary send the 2 kids over to our kids table and they can eat with us!!! We'll have a table for 10 (if the Destiny has one) and only the first night will there be 10 at the table. After that, my sister feeds her twins early on the Lido Deck and then puts them in camp while we eat dinner so there will be 2 extra seats!!!!

Your 17 year old boy/girl will get to eat with girls: ages 16, 17, 20 and 20 and boys: ages 13, 16, 17, 20... How does that sound???? lol

Of course, definitely go to the Maitre'd the first day and request that table for 4....

If the situation involves my 17 year old son eating with a table full of girls..then he'd be all for it!!!! Either way, we do need to meet up on the ship which would be a lot of fun. DH and I love meeting and talking with new people. We can coordinate prior to leaving.:)

Archived