Trolley to pier in NO

breadmanusa

How much is the trolley to the pier from the airport? How long does it take? How often and where does it does it pick you up at the airport? Where do you pick it up after the cruise? Leaving in 7 days and need some help. 4 of us, looking for an economical, quick way to get to and from the airport. Thanks

Streetcars do not go out to the airport, they are in the FQ area only. I would suggest either take the Airport Shuttle (they have a kiosk near baggage claim) or a taxi. It's about 20 miles from the airport to the pier.

You might want to check out the airport website for ground transportation.

If they offered the trolley, it would take about.... A DAY :p LOL... but they don't. You can take the shuttle or a taxi. Taxi is the quickest, about 30 minutes depending on traffic, and about $12 per person... the shuttle takes longer but I believe it may be a few dollars less...

You could take a bus or two. It seems to be Budget Queen's preferred method. Perhaps try asking the question in the New Orleans board?

I would think you would start here:

http://www.jeffersontransit.org/schedules/Airport-Map.htm

And have to transfer to one of these:

http://www.regionaltransit.org/

I wouldn't want to try it hauling as much stuff as I bring along.

I have researched this to death in the past few months as we have 13 people for our 040305 cruise and we'll need a bank loan to get to the hotel from the airport, I think. But here goes:

city bus runs until 7:00 - they run from the airport to the center of New Orleans where you can walk a block or two to catch a trolley (providing that your hotel is near a trolley). Too much luggage for us to consider this, and since we are not familiar with NO, we really have no idea where we will end up.

Taxi: $12-$15 each person, from what I can tell. Not a bad choice if you only have a few people.

Airport Shuttle: Around $10-11 apiece but it takes an hour from the airport to your hotel.

Limos: Not remotely a possibility - running $200. a trip.

I think we are taking the airport shuttle. Our hotel (Maison St. Charles) offers free limo service to the pier Sunday morning. The hotel is located right on the trolley line so once we get to our hotel from the airport we will hop on the trolley to explore Bourbon Street, etc. And when we return from our cruise to NO, we will send one person out to the airport to rent a big van just for the day so that we have a way to explore NO until it's time for us to go to the airport. (I will write a review when this is over to let you know how this all really worked!)

is rent a car from Hertz at the airport and drop it off at the Hertz location on Convention Blvd. - no drop off charge at that location.

Should be able to do for 4 people for around $30 or less depending on how much luggage you have and what size vehicle you need.

Going the other way, the rental rates tend to be higher.

Don't forget AAA, AARP, etc, discounts.

I usually get away for < $25 after all taxes (about 25%) and gas from airport to port.

They would also have vans and other type of vehicles.

No clue about cost, but an executive van charter would also be possible or busses for larger groups...

An example company:

http://www.machupicchutours.com/Transportation.htm

Archived