Back from 3 weeks in Hawaii...Pictures soon.

daWoods

Having been forced by the need to make money, and meet other committments, we have returned from Paradise to the great white north. Because of tanning, we no longer look totally normal in our home environment. For those of you going soon, either on a cruise or a land vacation, I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

I'm working on pictures and will have them posted to webshots soon.

Dawoods

I am from Nova Scotia and will be going to paradise in April. Can you fill me in on what types of things you did ie was it a cruise visit, what excurisions did you take etc. any information is greatly appreciated. this will be our first trip here and we are really excited to be going. It will be one week on Oahu then 12 day cruise back to Vancouver. Can hardly wait to get away from this snow! cottagemama

It was a land vacation, so we had lots more time to do whatever we wanted, or nothing. I highly recommend the Pacific Whale Foundation trip. These guys know how to find whales, as you'll see when I get the pictures up. There should be some left in April.

Gambler, what type of info are you looking for?

Great pictures!!!!, Thanks so much

Dawoods, we are doing 8 nights on the Big Island at the end of May. We were there two years ago but only for 3 nights so all we saw was the Volcano. We hiked out and saw great active flow. We might do the helicopter tour this time. Who did you use? We are staying at the Hilton Waikoloa. It will not be the time of the year to see whales. We would like to see some black sand beaches, good snorkeling and beaches, sites and waterfalls. What do you suggest? Also, any good places to eat? Thanks Helen

Gambler...we used Blue Hawaiian. They fly out of Waikoloa and Hilo. If you want to do the whole island, use the Waikoloa site, if you just want to do the volcano, drive to Hilo. It's a relatively short drive from where you are if you drive across the island at that end, and the drive south to Hilo.

Dinner??? Don't know anything about the restaurants at the resorts up the coast, but in Kailua-Kona, you can do Huggo's, and Michelangelos. The food was great at both. If you're looking for informal dining, (not that either of those are formal), Hard Rock Cafe, Outback, and several others are available.

Archived