On the Grandeur Trans Atalantic..now

I have been reading this review for the past two days and have been entertained in a sad way.

I have a feeling the OP may find problems in paradise. I do not mean to cause any offence, some people will always see and report on the bad stuff.

I feel sorry for people who have read this, whilst packing for their trip on the Grandeur. I was pleased to read someone else who had been on the same cruise had a better time.

For me 72 degrees is hot, but then I'm from London! You see? Different perspective.

I holiday with my family, so we like to dress up and eat in the MDR. I might be wrong but to me the WJ is a more casual dining experience. Food will always taste better and look more appetising if it is being served and not sitting under hot lights or a hot box.

Will the OP cruise again with RC? Yes, I think they will. This is enough of a recommendation that through it all, the cruise wasn't all bad

I do not think I would w

I have been reading this review for the past two days and have been entertained in a sad way.

I have a feeling the OP may find problems in paradise. I do not mean to cause any offence, some people will always see and report on the bad stuff.

I feel sorry for people who have read this, whilst packing for their trip on the Grandeur. I was pleased to read someone else who had been on the same cruise had a better time.

For me 72 degrees is hot, but then I'm from London! You see? Different perspective.

I holiday with my family, so we like to dress up and eat in the MDR. I might be wrong but to me the WJ is a more casual dining experience. Food will always taste better and look more appetising if it is being served and not sitting under hot lights or a hot box.

Will the OP cruise again with RC? Yes, I think they will. This is enough of a recommendation that through it all, the cruise wasn't all bad

Have been following this with some sadness. I just can't understand why someone would go on holiday and spend so much time writing about it instead of enjoying it. Write about it when you get home....!

There isn't an awful lot to do on a trans Atlantic 24/7.....especially if you're not a drinker, and don't want to sit in a smokey, smelly lounge. I did much of this while on my massive balcony, drinking room service coffee..... I was also sending updates to other interested parties, not just CC, and thus was relating my experiences....and much was also written when I returned home.

Why can't people accept another opinion?? This, or any other cruise, certainly can't be compared to Paradise...LoL...no offense taken.

I have been on many cruises....which I have enjoyed, immensely.....I enjoyed a lot of this one too.....

As to whether I will cruise RCCL.....maybe, maybe not. I cruise according to the best value I can obtain. I'm looking now at Celebrity, having been on most of the other main lines. Again, I give MY honest opinion....my experience......why can't other's accept it for that?? What is THEIR issue?

I always judge what I eat by what it tastes like.....not what it looks like....must be different in other countries. The MDR food is not cooked to order....much of it is sitting in a "hot box".

When I read reviews in the review section, I usually don't read the top star, nor the bottom star reviews......I throw out the high, and the low, and try to read the middle.....the good, and the bad.....usually the honest review.

Why can't people accept another opinion?? This, or any other cruise, certainly can't be compared to Paradise...LoL...no offense taken.

I have been on many cruises....which I have enjoyed, immensely.....I enjoyed a lot of this one too.....

As to whether I will cruise RCCL.....maybe, maybe not. I cruise according to the best value I can obtain. I'm looking now at Celebrity, having been on most of the other main lines. Again, I give MY honest opinion....my experience......why can't other's accept it for that?? What is THEIR issue?

I always judge what I eat by what it tastes like.....not what it looks like....must be different in other countries. The MDR food is not cooked to order....much of it is sitting in a "hot box".

When I read reviews in the review section, I usually don't read the top star, nor the bottom star reviews......I throw out the high, and the low, and try to read the middle.....the good, and the bad.....usually the honest

review.

I did realise that you had been on quite a few cruises, I think that what 'got to me' was that you sounded so unhappy whilst you were on the cruise. I so wanted you to write more positive things, if only to know you were having a good time, at times!

I like honest reviews and respect what you wrote was honest and true.

I also understand that the MDR food is not cooked to order, but still feel sure it sits for longer in the Windjammer, with lots of srandom guests prodding it here and there.

If there would have been more people onboard and more in the MDR and you ate there, I feel that your holiday experience would have been better

Such a shame too that you did not get the best of the weather in the places you went to. But that cannot be changed by anyone!:)

• 2 weeks later...

any pictures of the suite? If no, could you describe the layout. I would like to know specifically, is there an actual door between the master bedroom and the living room? The bathroom situation...are there two or just the one? More specifically, if we book this room will Dh and myself have privacy from the kids age 16 and 19?

Also, what specific perks for the Royal suite as opposed to a Owner's suite?

Also, I see that the suite is on the starboard side...can you see anything of the ports?

Thanks for any info that anyone can provide.

any pictures of the suite? If no, could you describe the layout. I would like to know specifically, is there an actual door between the master bedroom and the living room? The bathroom situation...are there two or just the one? More specifically, if we book this room will Dh and myself have privacy from the kids age 16 and 19?

Also, what specific perks for the Royal suite as opposed to a Owner's suite?

Also, I see that the suite is on the starboard side...can you see anything of the ports?

Thanks for any info that anyone can provide.

I think the OP booked a grand suite, not Royal or Owner's.

WG6530 is correct....I was in a GrandSuite.....which is much bigger than a standard balcony cabin, but doesn't really provide any privacy. There is a pull across curtain at the foot of the bed.....and the pull out sofa is opposite the bed. I don't believe that the perks are any different between any of the Suites...and there aren't many on the Grandeur. There is no concierge lounge.

The Royal Suite is starboard, however, that's no guarantee that the ports will be on that side.....depends on where the ship docks.

Good luck deciding...

The pics are of the Grand Suite....I have more somewhere.

DSCN2624.jpg.67a3b0d5c3efd4d3645b3267fa9bd606.jpg

DSCN2629.jpg.afa1b97e54cc40cdceab87e4c9447a9e.jpg

DSCN2632.jpg.2a4e9ebb2b73fede0f86b52a5d7b555f.jpg

DSCN2626.jpg.2024286ef221f9dc0487cb4c2595ef0e.jpg

Archived