privacy on aft balcony cabins on Solstice Class ships

twonpcb

We are looking to book a Concierge Class aft cabin on the Penthouse deck on Eclipse. It appears that those balconies are much deeper that a "regular" Concierge Class balcony. Since it appears that the said balconies are terraced, how much privacy does one have on these balconies? I can recall being in the aft bar on Summit class ships and able to look down on the lower balconies. Are these balconies also exposed? And if they are, do they also afford some "private" areas?

Thanks,

Robert

We are looking to book a Concierge Class aft cabin on the Penthouse deck on Eclipse. It appears that those balconies are much deeper that a "regular" Concierge Class balcony. Since it appears that the said balconies are terraced, how much privacy does one have on these balconies? I can recall being in the aft bar on Summit class ships and able to look down on the lower balconies. Are these balconies also exposed? And if they are, do they also afford some "private" areas?

Thanks,

Robert

I for one LOVED the aft cabin on the Solstice. There are many that don't but we sure loved ours. I don't recall there being much privacy at all from above, but it didn't end up bothering us. If you snag the middle cabin, the balcony is huge! (that's the one I had):)

We also had a middle cabin, 1206 on our April 9th Eclipse cruise. We loved it. It is not like some other ships where they are extra deep. Ours was wider because the steward's cupboard is next door so you get the extra space from there. It was barely covered and could get very hot in the daytime, I mean don't go out in bare feet you will burn them hot! This did not bother us as we were usually at the pool or ashore in the afternoon when it was the worst. At night the wake is spotlighted, having no cover you can look right up at the stars. If you are lucky which we were, the view of other ships travelling with you or passing you is amazing. At one point we had the Allure on one side and the Epic on the other, the view was spectacular.

Thanks,

Robert

Hi,

If you go up to the Resort Deck, you get more privacy, and less direct sunlight, as the overhang covers most of the balcony. However, the tradeoff is there is some table/chair noise from the deck above. We loved our cabins though...they too were middle cabins, 2157 and 2152.

Hi, had aft cabin penthouse deck 1676 C1 on Solstice last November and absolutely loved it. Never felt that privacy was an issue in fact it felt more private than when we have had cabins mid ship. It was very quiet no noise from tables and chairs being moved early morning. Having breakfast just watching the wake was something really special felt as if you were alone on the ship. Liked it so much we have got the cabin next door to that for our cruise this June on Equinox and the same cabin again for next March.

Archived