Solstice TA: 1A or C3?

John73

I'm looking at the Solstice 11/28 Transatlantic from Barcelona to FLL. There are C3 cabins available for $60 more than a 1A cabin. With a 1A I can still get a 'hump' cabin on the Port side (figure that's better for sun on Westbound T/A). I know I'd be giving up an extra cruise credit by skipping Concierge Class, but is there any other reason to do a C3 over a 1A? I'm leaning toward the 1A to have the bigger balcony for relaxing on during the numerous sea days.

As you can see from my sig, I've been on Solstice a bunch. She just seems to always have the itineraries that I'm looking for. In this case its a stop in Lisbon and the ease of departing Barcelona vs Rome for Equinox on a similar T/A cruise.

I'd prefer the larger balcony over the Concierge Class perks. If you do not plan to spend much time on the balcony go for the perks, but if you think you'll use the balcony a lot, stay with the hump 1A. Keep your eyes open for a hump C2 opening up as that would be the best of both worlds.

Archived