Best place for Chinese near Canada Place?

I am thinking we may try Shanghai Chinese Bistro which seems to be close by and has good reviews on Tripadvisor. Any other suggestions or personal reviews of Shanghai?

Also OT, we have also decided Cardero's is a must do and I am thinking I will make an early reservation for us in advance.

I am thinking we may try Shanghai Chinese Bistro which seems to be close by and has good reviews on Tripadvisor. Any other suggestions or personal reviews of Shanghai?

Also OT, we have also decided Cardero's is a must do and I am thinking I will make an early reservation for us in advance.

What kind of Chinese food are you looking for? high end? very traditional? Are you adventurous?

If you're feeling adventuous, head into Chinatown (about 10 blocks east) and look for any restaurant with BBQ ducks hanging in the window such as Kam Gok Yuen on E.Pender between main and Columbia. Be warned this is real Chinese, you'll likely be the only non-asians, and the menu is probably not what you'd expect, but the food is great.

The Victoria Chinese restaurant in Royal Centre at Burrard and Melville Sts. is an easy 6 block walk from Canada Place. It has mixed reviews but it has been in business for more than 20 years in the same location. I have eaten there, have always enjoyed it and it has a large Chinese clientèle.

What kind of Chinese food are you looking for? high end? very traditional? Are you adventurous?

If you're feeling adventuous, head into Chinatown (about 10 blocks east) and look for any restaurant with BBQ ducks hanging in the window such as Kam Gok Yuen on E.Pender between main and Columbia. Be warned this is real Chinese, you'll likely be the only non-asians, and the menu is probably not what you'd expect, but the food is great.

Um, I don't think we are that adventurous. LOL. I saw recommendations for Hon's Wun-Tun House and looked at their menu which looks good except for a few things. We want good traditional in the mid-price range. Decent place not too fancy. PF Chang's is the best we have near home if that tells you anything.

LOL :D I just can't stop laughing reading this (being a chinese totally agreeing with it!). Yeah, be careful of what you ask for if your experience is up to PF Chang's level. Even though I've never been to Vancouver's c-town but I assume it would be pretty much the same as Toronto, NYC, San Francisco. Most of the time when a dish is too "exotic" which I won't elaborate in here, they normally left out the english translation so you know not to order. :p

• 3 weeks later...

PF Changs isn't it. Vancouver's Chinatown has some fabulous restauants especially the large dim sen houses for lunch. Just grab a cab and have him take you to Chinatown and you should do very well.

PF Changs isn't it. Vancouver's Chinatown has some fabulous restauants especially the large dim sen houses for lunch. Just grab a cab and have him take you to Chinatown and you should do very well.

Thanks, we will do that.

Archived