Best Alaska itinerary?

John73

Ok, hopefully some more experienced people can help me out here.

After living in Seattle for nearly 15 years and recently come around to enjoying cruising, I'm considering doing an Alaska cruise on Celebrity. I'm a bit tempted by Princess but suspect I'm too spoiled by Celebrity to switch over. So, that said, what is the best itinerary for a Celebrity Alaska cruise (both ship & ports)? I see that Millie does both round trip from Vancouver as well as North or Southbound trips Seward to Vancouver. Looks like only Infinity sails out of Seattle. Considering the whole experience (Port, Ship, sights), which is the 'best' itinerary to consider?

I'm honestly hoping for an Exciting Deal Tuesday special but if I can find a good price I'd just go with a normal booking as well. Just looking to get advice on which is the best option.

Thanks in advance!

IMHO, a one way passage is the best as you see more of Alaska. While the inside passage was great, going to Seward (or departing from Seward to Vancouver) allows you to see much more. I would recommend a land tour through Denali Park. The wild life was spectacular. Unlike the Caribbean, I will not go frequently to Alaska.

Archived