Internet access

I can't recall if RCCL offers unlimited internet use for a flat rate for the week, or if usage is charge per minute. Does anyone know? Also, has anyone rented the equipment they offer for in-room internet access using your own laptop? And, if so, what is the fee for that? Thanks.

The laptop access is limited to the voyager and radiance class ships. We were on the AOs in December and it was painfully slow and would loose the connection frequently to the point of uselessness. One of the staff told me they had free internet access, but most of the staff went into internet cafes since it was so slow. I heard some of the radiance class ships now have wireless access which I hope is better. I have used this service on the VOS and Serenade and it was slow but not this horrible.

We paid $100 for the cyber-cabin for a week on the AOS. They gave us cables and a new phone. I wasn't happy with the connection, but this is just my opinion. I am used to a broadband connection and the dial-up was really slow.

-- Judy

If you get CyberCabin, that is the network connection in your cabin and it will cost $80 for 6 nights, $100 for 7 nights and $125 for 10 nights. How long is your cruise? This will allow you to connect a laptop in your cabin to the ship server for Internet access directly from your cabin. If you don't use this, then you can go to the Internet Cafe (or Concierge club if you have a GS or larger suite) and pay $0.50 per minute for access. If you are C&A members, you will each get a coupon in your booklet for 15 minutes free access so you can use this if you only need to check in emergencies (you would get two usages). You need to spend on average 25 min/day in order to make CyberCabin worthwhile, unless you want it for the convenience of having it in your cabin and being able to use your own laptop.

also if you bring your own lab top some of the ships offer WI-FI. On marnier the week of 2/27/05 - 3/6/05 i found out that MOS has wireless internet. I went down to the main desk to ask if my free 10 minutes would apply to that, she said no, because this is the broadband internet not 56k thats offer in the internet room. And the cost is the same 50cents pre minute. you can select what type of package you want or just pay pre minute. I was on deck 8 and was able to get a single, other wise she showed were the hot spots were. and there was no cost of anything to use the WI-FI other then pre minute.

Archived