PEARL - Curious about 2 bedroom suite

oprahcla

Wondering if anyone has info to share on the 2 bedroom suites on the Pearl. I am thinking about booking one for my family (myself, hubby, daughter, son-in-law & 2 year old granddaughter).

It is hard to tell from the diagram if there are actually 2 separate bedrooms. I want privacy.

If anyone has any pics to share, it would be greatly appreciated or any info on one.

Thanks for your time!

The family suites on the Pearl, former category AB but now S3, definitely have two separate bedrooms and bathrooms. I have a few pix of a family suite on the Jade, which is very similar to the Pearl, but I can't get the link to work right now. I'll post one later when I'm at home.

The suite is wonderful! There is a lot of privacy. The master bedroom has a solid lock door that separates it from the living room area. In addition, the second bedroom is on the other side of the living room and it actually has two doors that separate it from the living room area--one door opens into the hall and then a second door opens into the living room.

The second bedroom is very small and does not have windows. It is like a small inside cabin. However, in the day the lower bed makes up into a small couch, and there is a sleeping berth from above. So actually the room is quite pleasant in the day. We actually had 3 college girls in this room. It has its own private bath which is regular size as in inside cabins. The storage in this room is very good also. Only issue I would say is that the lower bed is quite hard, we had read this on CC ahead of time, and asked immediately for an egg crate. With the egg crate the girls felt it was quite comfortable. The upper berth was reportedly very comfortable. The girls loved this room because it was very private, and also dark--great for sleeping in!! However, ad advantage of course is that it opens up into the living area which is just lovely. There is a table--snacks and even meals can be brought in (although with 5 people that might be a bit of a challenge, still perhaps you can try a breakfast). A shelf area where the wonderful lavazzo coffee maker sits--they will bring you beans each day and cream or milk or whatever to store in your fridge. The coffee is fabulous. There is a very nice and comfortable couch--will sit three--that sits in front of a fairly large flat screen tv. At the time we were able to order DVDS--not sure if you can still do that. The kids brought a lot of DVDs from home (they all go to different colleges so they shared their movies). This was great for them late at night. We never heard the noise even though this was right on the other side of our bathroom area. This sitting area then opens up to the balcony. The balcony is quite small, but still nice. Also, when the curtains are open in the day it makes this small little living room seem a really nice size. There couch in the living area also is convertable into a single sleep bed--very comfortable bed--more comfortable than either the berth or the pullout in the bedroom!

Now the master bedroom is the very best. The bath is just beautiful--and the bathtub sitting right in the window--when you are out to sea it is like floating right on the water. . .unbelievable.

Well--believe it or not we put six of us in this two bedroom suite. Yes, it was crowded. But I wanted to be sure we all had the suite amenities--I didn't want to have to ask if the kids could come with us to Cagney's etc. We saved a lot of money by not putting them in another cabin. I did ask all to travel a bit lighter than perhaps ordinary, and everyone had tp keep their stuff together. I mean 4 college kids and all their stuff can mess up a nice area in a short time.

I was extremely impressed with the privacy and not hearing other people in the suite.

It was just a great experience for our family. You can do a search and see loads of pictures if no one puts any up here.

Thank you so much for your information. It sounds lovely. Now according to the brochure for the Pearl is states 2 different (2 bedroom suites), Do you know what exactly is the different besides one being a bit larger?

Also when they say access to a butler, what exactly does that entail?

Finally when you mention the 3 girls were in the small room, does that mean the pullout is the size of a double bed?

Again I am so appreciative for the information! :)

The difference between the two two-bedroom suites is that the Family Courtyard Villa is on the 14th deck and has full access to the courtyrard there, the deck 11 suite (2 Bedroom family Suite) does not. The cabins themselves are actually almost identical, with the balcony in the Family Villa being just a bit larger. The bed in the second bedroom opens into about a full bed, but fills more than 2/3 the room when open. The sofabed in the living room sleeps one. The only other difference is that the Villa offers reserved seating in the theater, the regular suite does not. See here for more information: http://www.nclsuitesandvillas.com/ The butler will take care of all your needs inside the suite (room service, snack delivery, coffee machine service, etc), the concierge will take care of everything outside the suite (restaurant reservations, spa appointments, etc).

Robin

Wondering if anyone has info to share on the 2 bedroom suites on the Pearl. I am thinking about booking one for my family (myself, hubby, daughter, son-in-law & 2 year old granddaughter).

It is hard to tell from the diagram if there are actually 2 separate bedrooms. I want privacy.

If anyone has any pics to share, it would be greatly appreciated or any info on one.

Thanks for your time!

We had a CV on the Gem. I have pictures in my signature link for webshots. Enjoy!!

Thank you so much for your information. It sounds lovely. Now according to the brochure for the Pearl is states 2 different (2 bedroom suites), Do you know what exactly is the different besides one being a bit larger?

Also when they say access to a butler, what exactly does that entail?

Finally when you mention the 3 girls were in the small room, does that mean the pullout is the size of a double bed?

Again I am so appreciative for the information! :)

The two different two-bedroom suites are exactly the same size and exactly the same layout. The difference is that the ABs (used to be AB, don't know if it's changed yet) are on deck 11, whereas the A3s (again, used to be A3, don't know what the knew designation is) are on deck 14 as part of the Courtyard. ABs do not have Courtyard access. There are a few other differences in perks (such as having the butler deliver meals, beverages, etc. to the Courtyard, having reserved theater seating, having continental breakfast setup early in the Courtyard), but essentially the difference is the Courtyard experience. Everything about the Courtyard is really, really wonderful, but we would be happy as can be in an AB unless the fares were not too much higher for the A3.

I doubt they would put their 2 y/o on the pullman, so one of them would sleep in the sofabed (a tad smaller than a regular double bed as I recall (but don't hold me to that) with their daughter and the other would sleep in the pullman. There are tons of pictures on the forum here. If you do an advanced search for AB or CV photos, you should get at least several threads with detailed photos and discussions about both suites.

Either way, you can't go wrong, IMO. Given the choice and if money were not an issue, we'd pick the Courtyard any day of the week. Do keep in mind though that the Courtyard is not a great play area for a toddler. There is nothing "fun" there for very young children, but it's easy enough to go to the regular pool/activities decks and children's program. The Courtyard is a great place for relaxing and getting away from the hustle and bustle, and the Courtyard Sundeck is delightful.

beachchick

We upgraded to an AB suite on the Pearl from a mini, October 2009. The only difference between the AB and the A3 is the Courtyard Villa access. We didn't think it was worth spending even more. We received the same perks with the exception of the CV access. The room was wonderful! We also were able to arrange seeing the Courtyard area through the concierge. He also showed us a cabin that was empty. It was the exact same as ours. He did mention that no one was booked in the cabin because the air conditioning wasn't working.

Just returned yesterday from 14 nights in an AB family penthouse on the Pearl (11524). I just echo what everyone else has said. I have several pictures but am not sure how to post them on CC. If you share your email addrsss, I'll send them ASAP.

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I really enjoyed the privacy of our own bedroom when we could put out 6 year old DD in her own little inside cabin as part of the suite. My DD also loved the autonomy of having her own room, even if it was really just part of the overall suite. I have attached a video tour of the suite here, with the 2 separate bedrooms:

Archived