How can I avoid toting luggage around?

luckygurl1227

This is the first time we will be sailing from San Juan in March 2012. We will be flying in the night before on a very late flight (11PM) and will probably book the Best Western at the airport since its just for the night. After checkout though, what can I do with my luggage since my ship (RCCL Serenade of the Seas) doesnt depart from the the Pan AM pier until 8:30PM?

Can I drop off my luggage and then head to old San Juan for the day? I also read on an older post that you can even check in, walk around the ship, and get back off to go back into San Juan? What would be latest time I should be getting back to the ship to check-in

I also read about Barrachina's holding luggage too, which is great. But would you have to eat here as well for that? Any help would be so great! I am going crazy with all the possible combinations that I am coming up with on my own on what to do with just the luggage.

Just give the person at Barrachina's a tip and you are good, no need to eat there if you don't want to, but you may want to grab a drink at the very least. Their claim to fame is the bar that created the Pina Colada. They are very good!

I think all aboard is 4:30PM for San Juan, even though departure isn't until 8:30, you need to be on board several hours earlier. I do not know anything about dropping off your bags, boarding, and then leaving. I have read some posts where they say its discouraged and some where it was no big deal.

By the time you get up and have breakfast and head to the ship,you'll be able to check your luggage at the terminal and if you want too,we were on in feb by noon.We could have gotten off and headed back to town,which is 5 mins away ,but rather just stay on the ship,happy sailing!:)

There will 4 couples returning from the Victory on June 5. We plan on doing a catamaran tour that day and must find a place for luggage. What time does the restaurant open?? We went on this same cruise last year and it seems like I heard of another storage place near the dock???

There will 4 couples returning from the Victory on June 5. We plan on doing a catamaran tour that day and must find a place for luggage. What time does the restaurant open?? We went on this same cruise last year and it seems like I heard of another storage place near the dock???

Across from the Victory there is a restaurant called Aloha, they were taking luggage for 3$ a bag.

Archived