Swan Hellenic's standard cabins?

comcox

I have a couple of questions for anyone who may have sailed recently with Swan Hellenic's mv Minerva in one of their standard cabins.

About many hangers are supplied in the closet?

Does the bathroom come supplied with shampoo or conditioner?

Where is/are the electrical outlet(s) located for plugging in things like battery chargers?

Do all cabins get a robe or just the upper level ones?

Are pillows feather or foam? Is it possible to request different or extra pillows?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Bumping this up as we just got a Minerva catalog in the mail and were quite intrigued with several of her itineraries. Their brochure info is very weak about cabin specifics and show mainly their higher end cabins.

Would love to hear from those who have sailed her more about life in these cabins as well as feedback about the ship in general - yes, it looks a lot like a smaller version of the MV Discovery whose standard cabins were 135 sq ft with very basic industrial charm shower only bathrooms.

Functional and serviceable and all worked fine even for a 42 day cruise so not looking for luxury on ships like this, but would like to know what to plan for.

We were on Minerva in Feb of this year and had an enjoyable cruise and will certainly book with them again. We were upgraded from an inside on A deck to a 2 bed outside on B deck. Once on board we actually checked the cabin we should have had before the upgrade and the only difference was the outside had two portholes, every thing else was the same. The difference in price would have been 800 pounds which we did not think was value for money.

Our cabin was twin bedded config giving more room than just a queen size.

There were plenty of hangers in the wardrobe but I'm sure if you need more the cabin steward would assist you. The bathroom, although small was adequate and all toileteries were provided and replaced when required. I cannot remember about the pillows other than to say I was asleep as soon as my head touched them. Again I'm sure the steward will assist you whenever possible, we found ours to be delightful as were all the crew.

From what I remember there were at least two UK electrical sockets which we used for charging a netbook and phones.

Big fluffy robes were provided together with a hairdryer.

Food in the buffet and MDR was good with plenty of choice as were the BBQs out on deck.

As your are probably aware evening entertainment is more 'sedate' than larger cruise lines but enjoyable nonetheless. The lectures and talks on the places you are visiting we found to be very wothwhile. The excursions were very well organised with bottled water provided.

Your fellow cruisers are likely to be in the 50+ age range and we met some delightful people.

If I can help further just ask. Enjoy your cruise.

Trevor

We have been on both the Discovery and Minerva ( once each). We thought the Minerva cabin was better than the Discovery. The layout was better and there was more drawer and wardrobe space.As well as what Trevor said was provided, there were also slippers and a pair of good but very heavy binoculars. You wouldn't want to take them ashore but then the ship probably doesn't want you to anyway. We travelled on the Minerva in May this year. The shore excursions were excellent but bottled water was not supplied but available for purchase.

The entertainment is better on the Discovery ( very little on Minerva) but standard of lecturers was excellent. It was very nice to have one sitting for dinner starting at 7pm. Overall both ships have their pluses and minuses but we would travel on either of them again with perhaps a leaning towards Minerva.

Archived